This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 Update 7.80

The battery drains rapidly since the update. From previous version to 7.8...the battery would last 6-7 days, now it is drained in less than 12 hours. Doesn't seem like a hardware problem, can I load the 7.70 software?

• It's useless. Garmin does not help you and does not listen to you. We have this problem in many, but they tell you to contact their support! 250 euro of smartwatch, bought 2 years and 3 months ago to be thrown in the trash because Garmin has worsened battery use with a software update (from 7.7), it is to be reported to consumer associations for a class action

• Hard reboot worked for me as well.   Hold down power button for 15 seconds until screen goes blank.  Hold down power button until screens returns around 5 seconds to turn back on.

• this does not seem to help me - charge is still going down by ~7% per hour. My Vivoactive 3 is ~ 2 years old, update to 7.80 last week seems to have started the draining.

• Update.  This reset did not help me.  I am now still experiencing the same drain rate   is experiencing.  Hoping for new software update to fix this issue now.

• Update: seems my watch has been bricked now. After the battery was empty, I recharged, resetted the watch and kept the charging cable connected. Some hours later, the screen was black and remained black since then. When pressing the power button, the watch reacts with vibrations after a few seconds, the greens LED flashes occasionally, but the screen remains black. The watch gets very warm when charging cable is connected.

My Vivoactive 3 was purchased 2 years and 5 months ago .... if this state (which started with high battery draining rates) was initiated by the software update: thank you, Garmin !

• Myself, My wife, and my brother (who just got his) are also experiencing the rapid battery draining issue. Mine and my wifes are about 2 years old. My brothers is a refurb that is less than a month old. I have gone into my setting to verify something didn't change my back light time outs and the such...all are set to low times so as to minimize battery usage. I was gettting about 5 days of usage (3 with GPS enabled workouts), and now I am down to about 2-3 days

• Same issue here. Battery charge is terrible. 

• Same problem here. Terribly disappointed in Garmin.

• Just came on to check mine won't even get through a night now wake up in a morning watch completely dead :(