This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 software version 7.72 Beta

Download 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter, please send an email to [email protected]. In your email please include the software version, and a detailed description of your issue, along with any steps to reproduce. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 7.70 to 7.72:

• Fixed an issue where golf scorecards would fail to upload when syncing in the middle of a round

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your vivoactive 3 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip vivoactive3_772Beta.zip.
  3. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device.
  4. Disconnect from your computer and proceed through the update.
  • Any fixes for the overnight battery drain issues which showed up in 7.70?

• I can confirm occasional overnight battery drain issues since I bought my vivoactive 3 in 2019 and started with firmware 6.20:

I usually turn off the watch over night and a few times in the morning I noticed an exceptional drop of the charge in the range 20%-50%.

When this happens, I charge the vivoactive 3 to 100% and over the next night turn it off by long-pressing (about 15sec) the button until the display gets blank. In the morning I turn on the vivoactive 3 by pressing the button for about 1 sec.

Usually this fixes the problem for me until the next occasional overnight battery drain issue in a few weeks or even months. 

• I was having that same issue with the large battery drain overnight while the watch was off. I emailed support and they recommended trying that same solution of long-pressing the button to do a hard reset. Likewise it would temporarily fix the problem, but it would start again within a couple weeks. Their next suggestion was trying a full factory reset, but eventually the battery drain returned.

They offered a onetime goodwill replacement out of warranty and today I received that refurbished replacement Vivoactive 3. Since it clearly wasn't some one-off issue with just my watch, it will be interesting to see if this replacement eventually has the same problem.

• please garmin.

As you are yet generating software updates for vivoactive 3.

Could you include connect iq 3.2 in next firmware update?

Thank you.