This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Wrist Irritation

Hi there, 
My Garmin Fenix 5 plus has been causing me severe irritation on both wrists. This can be shown through the attached photos. I have tried cleaning the watch multiple times with different products. So, it is clear it is not because of residue attached on the watch.
Are there any alternatives to the standard band that is provided? Or can I get some new bands?
It is quite disappointing to pay over $1000 for a new product and I can't wear it due to the pain it inflicts on the skin.
Will Madden, Ballarat.
  • Contact Garmin support. For the VA3 (this sub-forum), in many cases, Garmin has sent replacement bands.

• Wrong forum, but nonetheless, I have this issue with my VA3 too.  Starts under the main screen/watch area first then spreads under the bands eventually.  I try to switch arms every day to avoid this, but that is definitely not ideal since the device needs to know on what arm it is being worn for it to work properly.

• Hello! I am so sorry to hear this has happened. We take this very serious and encourage you to reach out to your local Garmin Support so we can get this resolved immediately. 

• And I thought it was just me. I have been having this issue for a while. I would like to note that I received a warranty replacement for my Vivoactive 3 music edition last year when this problem started. I never had this issue with the original purchase. I recently started looking for 3rd party replacement bands and probably would order one because the rash / skin peeling on the wrist keeps coming back. Just ordered Vivoactive 4 yesterday, let's see if the issue continues.

• I have gotten it with my Vivosmart 4. The first tech I emailed just said to clean it. The second one suggested wearing it a lot looser. I have never had an allergic skin reaction before. I live NW of Houston, and it is summer time here. Garmin is sending me a larger size unit. But I will only be wearing it when I am exercising. If I still get it, then I will ask about a refund

• We are sorry to hear about the issue you are reporting. The skin irritation may be a result of build-up on the watch band and/or casing. You should discontinue wearing your watch until your skin has healed. Please review the following FAQ that provides important information regarding the wear and care of your Garmin watch: https://www.garmin.com/watch-fit-and-care/ 

If you feel that this issue warrants further discussion please reach out to Garmin Product Support via Garmin Support Center