This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 bad wrist pain

I have been experiencing a sore and painful wrist at first I tried loosening the band and I turned the watch around when I slept so that it would not put pressure in the same place when I worked for almost 24 hours a day. I haven't worn my watch in 2 days now because my wrist has been hurting way too much and I've switched over to wearing a wrist brace. I don't understand where this pain is coming from because I've worn a watch for years on my often tights in the same place as I wear my Garmin. The only thing I can think of is the size and fit of the watch, it's a very large watch for how small my wrist is. I've worn a children's timex in the past. Does anyone know what I can do or what the pain is?

• I'm experiencing the same thing.  I've stopped wearing the watch, the pain got better, now I have worn it again for 2 days and I have the pain back.

• Hi, I can see it is an old comment but I thought I will replay as I am experiencing same thing. I have my vivoactive 3 for 2 years now and straight away I can say that it must be something to do with the way watch works. I tried all sort of stuff with wrist bands because originally I thought I was wearing it too tight. I even changed my band after a while, it did not work. When I started wearing it on different hand, same happened - deep pain in wrist, not very strong, but annoying enough to make you worry. So What I do now I put it on only when I do some sort of activity. Because if I wear it for no more then hour per day and keep switching my hands then it does not hurt. 

• Just bought a Fenix 7 and had the exact same issue from Day 1.  Deep aching in the wrist, no matter how loose.  Worse when the green light is on for the HR.  Sent and email and chatted to Garmin, waiting for a response.  Really wanted everything it does, but I simply cannot wear it.  Waiting to hear of the return process, I’ve worn the watch 3 times.

• It's been a lot better since I got a slightly stretchy cloth band, it uses velcro for its closure. Garmin doesn't make it so I had to find it somewhere else and make sure it was like the right measurements to work with it because Garmin only makes those like silicone ones or I think they have a few metal ones too but the cloth one is a lot more comfortable. At night I typically turn it so that the watch face is on the inside of my wrist which also helps it not be as sore

• I have been wearing a Vivofit 4 for the past 2 years, and I have had this deep pain in my wrist and elbow occur off and on. I don’t sleep with my watch on. I wear the band loosely, I have the face on the inside of my right wrist. The other night, I was awake with a deep pain in my shoulder on the right side. That’s what led me to Google it and find these comments. Yikes!  What’s up with this?  Nerve damage?  I stopped wearing my watch this week and my shoulder immediately improved. No pain in wrist and elbow either.  I tried to contact Garmin through their website I found a place to send them an idea, and a place to send them a story about how awesome they are. I chose the second one, but haven’t heard back from them. Is there another place I should be looking to let them know about a concern with their product?

• Same with a Fenix 7, exactly the same symptoms. Called, emailed multiple times and response was to seek medical help.  Have requested a refund and they closed the chat (which they will do with this one) and now radio silence.  My watch was 2 weeks old and had these symptoms.  Watch on - problem.  Watch off - no problem.  Many many “almost new” Garmin watches for sale on FB marketplace, there is definitely something in this product which is not right.  Suggest you stop using it and go back to an analogue surf watch, as I have.  Garmin could fix the issue by issuing the refund requested.

Cheers