This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My vivoactive 3 watch is stuck on ‘transferring data’ while trying to upload golf course.

I have left the watch for over an hour while it is trying to upload a golf course from the garmin golf app (ios).

1) I have reset by holding down the power button and turning it back on.

2) Plugged into computer to make sure everything is updated to latest version

Still it will not complete golf course upload.

Any other thoughts? This is really starting to get annoying.

Thanks.

• I have left the watch for over an hour while it is trying to upload a golf course from the garmin golf app (ios).

1) I have reset by holding down the power button and turning it back on.

2) Plugged into computer to make sure everything is updated to latest version

Still it will not complete golf course upload.

Any other thoughts? This is really starting to get annoying.

Thanks.

Hello! Does it do this for every/any golf course you try to upload? Just to verify, you go through the steps in the link below and the watch freezes on the last step of "Allow data to transfer"?

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=kZbk2WZs3I1CI7yT35pxn6

• That link you sent seems to be very old.

This is the process I am doing:

1) Open "ConnectIQ" on IOS

2) Open "Garmin Golf" app on IOS

3) Press "Start New Round"

4) Search for golf course

5) Select Golf Course and select Tee Box

6) Press "Start"

7) Push "Action Key" on watch

8) Press "Golf"

9) At that point it searches for satelite and then changes to "Transferring Data"

and this is where it just continues to stay on "Transferring Data"

I have tried multiple golf courses and they all do the same thing.

• That link you sent seems to be very old.

This is the process I am doing:

1) Open "ConnectIQ" on IOS

2) Open "Garmin Golf" app on IOS

3) Press "Start New Round"

4) Search for golf course

5) Select Golf Course and select Tee Box

6) Press "Start"

7) Push "Action Key" on watch

8) Press "Golf"

9) At that point it searches for satelite and then changes to "Transferring Data"

and this is where it just continues to stay on "Transferring Data"

I have tried multiple golf courses and they all do the same thing.

Have you been able to transfer golf courses before? Do you current have any on your watch?  

• Yes I have about 5 golf courses uploaded to the watch last summer/fall.

• Yes I have about 5 golf courses uploaded to the watch last summer/fall.

Okay, can I have you delete the courses from the app, then sync the device (make sure these golf courses are not showing on the device) then please perform a hard reset to the device (Press and hold the button till screen goes blank). After a minute or so, turn back on the watch and try to download new courses to the watch. Please let me know if this does not work!

• Hi I have the same problem for two weeks now just says transferring data. I have been trying all the above for the past two week. 

• Hi. I have the same issue. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling, turning watch on/off, updating using Garmin Express all without any luck.  This response is coming 6 months after your post. Have you had any luck with a solution? 

• For the record. The watch can only hold/show 5 courses. Deleting them from the app actually does not delete them from the watch, so it gets things messed up. What you see when the watch is connected on bluetooth can differ from unconnected state. What I do is to connect the watch to a PC and delete the files from the \Garmin\Golf directory and reload what I need. The suggestion from Garmin to hard reset might delete the files as well (never tried that since my method works fine for me). 

• Yes. Thank you. I read that on a different forum and realized I had recently downloaded a new course. This was my method for correcting the problem: 

1) I deleted all downloaded courses using the Garmin Golf app (on my iPhone 11 iOS 14.8.)

2) I synched my Garmin Vivoactive 3 with my phone to make sure courses were deleted from the watch. 

3) I restarted my watch. 

4) subsequently transferring data and downloading courses worked fine. 

Thank you. 

I probably could have just deleted one of the courses from the Garmin Golf app and synched.