This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive not pairing with jaybird Vistas anymore

I brought this up a few months ago when there was a new firmware.  I've not updated anything since then, but in the last few weeks, my Jaybird Vistas pair for just a few minutes, then unpair.  volume controls also don't work on the watch (they never have).  @Garmin, any ideas or fixes here?  I've confirmed that the headphones connect successfully to multiple comptuers and my phone, so I've isolated the problem to the watch itself

• I am able to pair the watch with another bluetooth speaker and another set of headphones.

This was not an issue for the past two years (though there were intermittent dropouts sometimes), except for this summer, when the watch would suddenly drop connection.  I believe I posted on the forum at that time too.  As of this morning, the watch will not pair with the Vistas at all.    Is there any resolution?

• Okay, thank you for trying an additional pair. We are aware and there is a case regarding these headphones and their compatibility with our device, I will add you to this case, but at this time I do not have an update. 

• I've had the following back from a Jaybird representative after asking them if they're familiar with a case being raised:

I appreciate your time and sharing the information. I would like to inform you that it could be a compatibility issue with Garmin watch. I can see that issue arises mostly with Vista headset. I would like to inform you that it could be that Garmin software is not compatible with Vista software. I do not see any issue with Vista headset. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience which you have experienced. 

Have a feeling this will never be resolved..

• The interesting thing is that it did work.  For the first year and a half ish, I had no problems at all.  It was just summer 2020 when connectivity started falling out.  Then again just about a month ago.  I've used them happily together for many hours before.

I work at a company that makes its own hardware and software that has to communicate with other hardware ans software.  I understand that it's hard to get it to talk to each other, but this is insane at this point.  The point of getting a garmin was to make exercising easier.  Instead, it's become a chore-- I'm frustrated before I even leave the house.  What makes it worse is that I'm clearly not the only one in this position. 

@Garmin-Isabella, you've mentioned that you're aware and there is a case, but being aware doesn't mean taking action.  Is there any actual action being taken to address the issue?  Was there any cause that made connectivity suffer (I did not personally update either the headphones or the watch when it started cutting out)?  What are your people doing to try to integrate and improve the experience of many of your customers?

• @JRich I have found a potential workaround for the time being, trying this last night seemed promising:

forums.garmin.com/.../1234360

• Hi Isabella,

Are there any updates here?  My headphones are again disconnecting, and I've verified that the connection is stable from the watch to other devices, and from the headphones to other devices.

Now that the Jaybirds Vista 2s are out, is there an update on getting a more solid compatibility?  I work at a tech company, and for something to be ~2 years in the making is egregious when it's a firmware problem.

•   I noticed you helping another user on this issue.  I'm getting connectivity issues again, and it's getting to the point where I need to replace to watch because I'm starting to hate running with it.  Please advise on a timeline for a potential fix (it's been over two years since the issue was identified), and if I should switch to another brand of watch to get back to enjoying my exercise.

• I've had the Vista 2 for almost a year. My issue was with losing a connection to the master bud, which should automatically switch to the side with the best signal.

From the vista 2 manual:

Both right & left earbuds can connect to your audio device. The earbuds will automatically switch to get the best connection to the audio device.

In spite of that, the first time running I had to force the left bud to become the master by cupping my hand over the right bud for about 5 seconds. All good ever since. I have the epix 2, so your issue could be related to the vivoactive.

• Hi

I see the case regarding this report. The report we have does not appear to be specific to Garmin products, and we have reported the issue to Jaybird; unfortunately we do not have any indication of when they might be able to provide a resolution. Since this case was created, I have not seen any new reports. Are you able to test out another brand of earphones with the watch by chance? I'd be curious to know if you would have the same connectivity issues. 

• I do not have any connectivity issues with the watch when I pair with other headphones or speakers (which I don't do that often).  With that said, I use the headphones near daily across a few devices, and I've never had an issue there either.

What I don't understand is why it starts out alright, then stops working.  The watch says the headphones are connected, music should be playing.  I have to disconnect (it says disconnected) and reconnect (it says reconnect, though oftentimes I won't hear any music) multiple times to hear anything, and then it'll stop again a few minutes later.  It's really discouraging that there isn't a fix in over two years.  It looks like this is a VERY well known issue affecting more than this watch and this pair of headphones.