This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Coach completed race hasn’t saved properly. Fit file is corrupted.

Hi all.

I have been following a Garmin Coach Running Programme on my Vivo Active 3 and this morning was my 10km race.

At around 9km my music cut out (I use Spotify) but I was able to complete my run and everything appeared to save as normal. 

However when I tried to sync my watch in Garmin Connect there is no history of the activity and in my training programme it looks like I’ve not completed the run.

I have tried to upload manually on Garmin Express and also tried to auto fix the corrupted .fit file but haven’t managed to retrieve any of the information.

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Fiona 

• I have tried to upload manually on Garmin Express and also tried to auto fix the corrupted .fit file but haven’t managed to retrieve any of the information.

Try a manual upload using the Garmin Connect Web site.

• With your Garmin device connected to your computer
    • Open the drive associated with your device.
    • Look for your FIT file under the \GARMIN\ACTIVITY folder
    • Drag and drop the file on to the Garmin Connect Import Data page. connect.garmin.com/.../import-data

If you get any message other than Import Complete, then there is a problem with the file. In that case, please zip the file and drag and drop it onto a post to this thread. We can look at it to see what might be wrong.

If you're on macOS: Steps to Manually Upload Activity Data to Your Garmin Connect Account click on directions for a Mac.

• I will try the above thank you!