This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

'Pause' function, is there a time limit ??

I cycled 50 km, 'paused ' the activity, had a coffee and chat with a mate ( for about 25 mins) got back on the bike and my activity was gone, had to start activity again. I dont think I accidentally discarded the activity  with my sleeve or glove or something. Is there a time limit on how long you can pause an activity ? If so can you set this limit? Very frustrating. 

Top Replies

All Replies

• I cycled 50 km, 'paused ' the activity, had a coffee and chat with a mate ( for about 25 mins) got back on the bike and my activity was gone, had to start activity again. I dont think I accidentally discarded the activity  with my sleeve or glove or something. Is there a time limit on how long you can pause an activity ? If so can you set this limit? Very frustrating. 

Hello! Sorry to hear about your watch losing that bike activity! Whether you use the auto pause or stop the activity, both of these options will eventually time out and go back to the main screen. It would be best to save the activity and start a new one.

• How long is 'eventually'? It would be nice to know in advance whether the break length will cause the activity to stop. For long-distance rides and runs, this is a serious consideration. 

• How long is 'eventually'? It would be nice to know in advance whether the break length will cause the activity to stop. For long-distance rides and runs, this is a serious consideration. 

Hello! It depends on the watch, but the Vivoactive 3 after being stopped in an activity will time out in 25 minutes. 

• ...this makes no sense, i have the same problem with my Fenix. No valid way to make a break for a coffee... Adjusting the timer would be helpful, many people which do a longer hike or biking want to eat a bit ;)