This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain on Vivoactive 3

Hey guys, in recent days my VA3 battery has barely lasted 12hours. I`ve been reading the discussion groups and noticed that its quite frequent. Is there a solution to the issue? I`ve tried from factory reset to installing previous softwate versions. Any suggestions? 

• My VA3 has been suffering from this since about a week before Christmas.  I have done numerous hard reboots, at least five factory resets, am not using any custom widgets or watch faces, and I get approximately 18 hours from a full charge.  

• I have the same issue. From 100% to 0% less than 12 hours with only HR tracking. No CIQ apps/faces/widgets!

I installed Battery Guage widget to track the battery drainage and will post some pics in a couple of days after collecting some stats. Garmin, please, solve the issue! 

• I've found a culprit - Wifi Sync is getting stuck, keeping the Wifi Radio active and that tanks the battery.  Rather than hijack this thread, I've posted here about it.

Maybe it's not related to your battery drain, but yea, I've certainly noticed this and can reproduce it.

• Same issue with my VA3, all of a sudden a week ago I start seeing a massive battery drain with a full charge and no GPS usage lasting 12-14hours. 
    Tried soft resets and full watch wipes running everything stock (no CIQ) and the issue continues

Funny thing is that when using the GPS I still get around the run time I used to get before the issue started.

• I’m having the same issue, over last couple of weeks, now my watch needs charging twice daily & even on 95% going to bed it was down to 1% this morning 

• But the VA3 has no WiFi radio. Still thanks.

• Is there any update on this issue? My vivoactive 3 is now needed 2 charges a day

• Same issue for me. Around 1 week ago my VA3 went from lasting several days per charge to 12 hours per charge. I've disabled everything that can be disabled without much improvement. Please help.

• I sent an email to Garmin support a couple of days ago, no answer so far. As these cases are typical it looks like the issue is caused not by the batteries degrading but by the recent software updates. May be Garmin wants to force people to buy VV4.

I suggest that if Garmin does not comment we go to its Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Garmin and leave our questions there. 

Hey @Garmin time to react!

• I got my Vivoactive 3 last week and was hoping for better than the 2 days battery life I am getting. I have disabled notifications and all the other suggestions in the forum. It is pretty grim that after a week I am Googling" Vivoactive 3 poor battery life"

Garmin, can you tell me how this will be resolved please.