This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 Music SW 6.00 is now live

This update can be downwloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log 

• Fix greens not being displayed during a golf activity
  • Fix a potential issue when starting a yoga activity
  • General stability bug fixes and improvements
  • Please garmin help us by solving this problem.
  • Just to follow up on this. Shortly after the post I unpaired my watch from Garmin connect and did a full factory reset (incl user data) of the watch. Following this and repairing its been back to normal.

Battery life is around 10% per day unless doing activities and cadance/HR is back to normal.

Frustrating that you have to do it rather than the upgrades just working first time. Hopefully this helps someone else. Easy enough to push settings from the app such as watch faces/apps after reset.

If it starts to die again in a few days I'll add another comment. 

• Unfortunately I had already tried this without success.

• vivoactive 3 music controls not working. Using my own music . pause skip  and fwd controls do not work . when pressed goes back to choose music screen or nothing 

• My watch is unable to connect to GPS after the software upgrade.  I have resynced to Garmin Express and my watch is connected to my phone via Bluetooth.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Any possible solution (beyond buying a new Garmin watch)?

Thanks

• Is there really no fix for this battery draining? I have it on the table so no activity etc. and the battery lasts about 8h.

Another issue that I have had for a long time is that Spotify playlists are not downloaded to the watch. I can see those from the list in the watch, but once I try to download those, the percentage won´t change from 0% and eventually the watch informs that downloading stopped/failed. And yes, I have tried with many playlists including only a few songs. And also tried it in many wifis.

• Has Garmin abandoned this watch ? The battery drain is unbearable. My watch was easily holding up to to 6 days at the beginning of this year but now is like 10 hours. In half hour I lost like 9% of battery. Is this battery issue like after 3 years they lose capacity too absolutely 0 or is this firmware fault ? Or maybe this is only this model problem? I was thinking about Fenix series in the future but I don't want to spend so much money on watch which after 2-3 years will be useless.