This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 Music SW 6.00 is now live

This update can be downwloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log 

• Fix greens not being displayed during a golf activity
  • Fix a potential issue when starting a yoga activity
  • General stability bug fixes and improvements
  • Now my watch fails to auto upload, and the heart rate measurements go haywire when the battery is low.

• I charged the battery overnight, and in the morning it read 100%. I turned the watch off, while working, and turned it back on a few hours later, and the battery level read 23%.

• I thank Garmin for always improving the product. I just want to ask Garmin to see what is going on with vivoactive 3 music that since it was upgraded to version 6 the battery is used up very quickly even though it is in battery saving mode. Please see this situation because it is desperate to have the watch charged every day. Also because Garmin guarantees battery life for 5 days, which is not happening now.
    Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Same problem, after automatic update the watch won't connect to my jbl extrem

• Issue can be resolved by unpairing the watch from your phone, erasing the cache memory on the phone related to the Garmin Connect apps, rebooting both devices (watch and phone), and after turning on both devices, pairing the watch and the phone.

• I have the same issue and now cant connect to my IphoneXR.  I rewiped both watch and uninstall/reinstall app with no luck.  very maddening and time consuming.

• Sigh.. appears comment is as broken as the watch. So let me write this AGAIN...

Watch is damn near useless after this update.

- HR reads 1710+BPM (you read that right)

- Steps aren't working at all

- Music app plays for 1 second then stops (no surprise it has only ever worked once)

- Batter life is near 100% used a day

Reset and FACTORY reset.. no watch faces, music, anything... why can't we roll back firmware? Now I have to pull out my $25 Timex as my $350 watch is a lemon.

• I've suffered the following issues following the update, they started to happen ~7 days after installing itm and is slowly developing more problems in this order.

- Consistent disconnections from an Android Handset, only way to force it to reconnect is to restart the watch (as others have mentioned). This has settled down now, however there is a delay with notifications coming though.

- Starting activities are very slow, its almost like the watch fails to respond to the button/screen press. It can take 10secs to catch up.

- Battery drain from 100% -> 0% within 24hrs, with no GPS/music active during that period.

- During a run it was unable to monitor HR, Cadence, Elevation or pace effectively.

Garmin please can you provide an official answer to this, or allow us to downgrade the firmware by providing a link to the previous versions. Screenshot of the activity monitoring failing

Thanks

• The same problem

• Issue can be resolved by unpairing the watch from your phone, erasing the cache memory on the phone related to the Garmin Connect apps, rebooting both devices (watch and phone), and after turning on both devices, pairing the watch and the phone.

Dont work for my vivoactive 3 music.