This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 no longer sends golf score cards to garmin golf app

I’ve used this for about 2 years but all of a sudden not all of my scorecards transfer to garmin golf.  The watch is showing I’ve played and transfers this to garmin connect but the score isn’t available in garmin golf.

has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

• I had / have this issue as well. Garmin replied to say that you need connect to express and it should upload the un-synced cards and then to delete all the pervious activity and scorecard files to in effect clear the cache. 

It should then work, it did for me first time and I synced via my phone but in 2 subsequent rounds with no files on watch it hasn’t worked. Will try again tomorrow. I’ve gone back to garmin for further help.

• Same here. Struggled with my Vivoactive3 for two weeks trying to sync scorecards. Just now I synced using cabel on mac and voila :) finally I got it. Unfortunately in the effort of trying to solve the problem, I erased last years scorecard - that whas not a good advice;) 

• Followed the guidance on here, and synced to PC rather than phone - all working again, thanks guys. Similar to others, had one round that hadn't seemed to work on the watch but now both cards that hadn't been loaded on phone have appeared. Not been able to test syncing to phone again yet but high hopes now got this far.

Clearly a failing on the phone app, hope Garmin are watching!!

• Morning all, 

I think it might just have been fixed this week, I played 9 on monday and the bluetooth sync worked much to my surprise. My watch has had 2 automatic updates this week. Unfortuantely my old cards that hadn't yet been synced still need to be done via cable but hopefully all will work from now on. Playing again next week, will report back on what happens.

• Same problem for me - play a round, the activity syncs to Garmin Connect, but the scorecard won't sync until I physically connect the watch to my computer and run Garmin Express. Going for a full uninstall / re-install of Garmin Golf and see if that helps. 

• OK, after being through the process of syncing to the PC to retrieve a couple of latest scorecards, tried syncing to the phone again. Didn't work! So, deleted the Garmin Connect app, reinstalled, and now able to sync to phone again - clearly teh app gets screwed up in some way so needs removing and reinstalling.

• Thank you so much. I had the same issue with the cards not syncing to the golf app and I did what you said, connected to laptop, downloaded Garmin Express, clicked on Golf tab and then scorecards and my results appeared.  Went back the Garmin Golf app on my phone and refreshed the scorecards and they appeared.  Thanks again 

• SOLVED!! (For Me at least) : After syncing my latest scorecard using physical connection and Garmin Express, I waited to 24 hrs to ensure my scores had been synchronised with Garmin's servers. I then opened the Garmin Golf App Settings (Android OS), cleared all data from the cache, then deleted the app. After re-installing and playing a round, i'm pleased to say scorecard synced from my Vivoactive 3 to the Garmin Golf App over Bluetooth with no physical connection to my PC required. 

• Thank You! This worked perfectly for me as well. I would never have thought to try that.