This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to stop autosave from interrupting a run before its complete Vivoactive 3 music

Hello,

I’m really hoping someone can help me with this issue  because it is really frustrating!

Is there a way to increase the time an activity automatically saves or or turn off the autosave option all together on the vivoactive 3 music?

I take my dogs out for a run one at a time and my watch always autosaves my run after I pause it to unhook one dog and get the next one ready to go for a run (adjust the harness, get some water, go potty etc.). The only thing I have found that will prevent this from happening is to just keep the activity running but in doing so, my data is really skewed and it almost defeats the purpose of tracking it.

Please let me know if anyone else has this same problem and if you have found a way to fix it.

Thank you so much and I really appreciate any help / suggestions!!

• i have the same issue! the autosave happens too soon. which wouldn’t be a problem IF we got the option to resume the activity. but there is none Disappointed

• I sympathize with your frustration, being able to resume would be great but there doesn't seem to be any settings to accomplish your ideal.

On the other hand, by the time you are ready to go again it has been long enough - you might just stop the activity and restart a new activity when you're ready to resume.  Not what you want but should be a doable workaround.  

• i can survive without the resume function :-) the workaround is fine with me stopping the activitiy. but it has to be ME stopping the activity, not the system autostopping it from paused status.

• I own a VA3 and a FR910XT. I don't encounter the issue on my VA3 because I never pause that long. However, for my FR910XT, I occasionally do. What I do is turn it off without saving the activity. When I turn it back on even if an hour later, I can resume the activity.

With my VA3, when I am in a situation where not sure if it will autosave, I restart the activity even with the recovery screen showing for a second or 2 and stop it again. I figure that resets the time before it autosaves.

• I have the same issue, why won’t they modify it?! 

• same issue here. seems so simple, but garmin have totally messed this up and refuse to fix it. 

• I find this feature super irritating!!! Garmin quit adding enhancements without a way to turn  it off!!! In fact don’t turn new enhancements in at all and allow users to decide if it is really an enhancement.

sounds like , as usual, garmin isn’t listening . I am really fed up with garmins updates. There is nothing worse than being out in the field and finding things have changed.

sorry for the rant!

• I find this feature super irritating!!! Garmin quit adding enhancements without a way to turn  it off!!! In fact don’t turn new enhancements in at all and allow users to decide if it is really an enhancement.

sounds like , as usual, garmin isn’t listening . I am really fed up with garmins updates. There is nothing worse than being out in the field and finding things have changed.

sorry for the rant!