This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain

My Garmin vivo 3 battery lasts maybe 7 hours. It also has difficulty tapping on even when it is charged. Do I replace the battery? Is this a potential class action as happened to Apple for their batteries? Sounds like planned obsolescence to me. It has gotten quickly worse over the course of the last month or so. Nothing helps. I am very disappointed in this. I bought one for Christmas for my brother and he is having the same problem. His is only a few months old. Shoddy product. 

• Have you changed the Watch face as I am finding some of the optional watch faces drain battery quicker than others? My Battery is good lasting approx 5 days in normal use but drains quickly while I am using the Golf App

• Something has happened as I use to get 6 to 7 days battery life out of a full charge on my vivoactive 3.  I’m now getting less than 2!!! It got the latest firmware etc........

• Same here, I bought my va3 in november 2017, in february 2020 the battery last 2 days, now, one month later less than 24 hours! My VA3 is being reset, the watch face is the standard one, every app is disinstalled. I don't know what else to do.

• My VA3 almost two years old and the battery lasted always about 6-7 days.The screen is minimum and nothing running in the background, no notifications any kind that would be constantly looking into my phone (that is always in my pocket).

This week some update may happened all reversed back to garmin default, everything that Connect IQ is monitoring I had to update, lost my watch face all reverted back to garmin default WF and the battery drain got very noticeable.

I had to reinstall all apps+widgets+WF+all in my interest and rebooted the watch several time, the battery is down to 67% in one day. This never happened before, some stupid update ruined the perfectly working watch.

• I am now on my 2nd watch with the same issue.  The original watch got 5 - 7 days between charges for a year before suddenly dropping to 3, then 2 then just over a day in Dec 2019/Jan 2020.  They replaced it under warranty last month and all was good for about a month when suddenly last week it dropped to 4 days and now only a day and 1/2. I Am extremely disappointed that Garmin personnel are ignoring all of the posts on this site regarding this issue and providing no reassurance it is being worked on.  I have no interest in another replacement Vivoactive 3 since I spent about $50 in shipping both ways to be in exactly the same position after a month and it is clearly software related.  

• My battery life went from days to less than 24 hours since getting an update 3 days ago. 

• Moved thread to the vivoactive 3 forum.

• Same with me. Was at 100% when I went to bed. 72% when I woke up. I slept 7hours. Weird. 

• Merged threads and pinned to top of vivoactive 3 forum

• Alas, I'm in exactly the same boat.

I went through the full process with Garmin support... providing details, confirming software versions, factory resetting, then got an RMA and returned my VA3 for a replacement.

The replacement has exactly the same issue.

I would seem that there is something seriously wrong with the current firmware, or the whole product model is just a lemon.

I do not understand how I can go for a run with GPS active and only consume 10% battery, then have it lose the remaining 90% while switched off overnight.

It's so frustrating to have to remember to put it on charge every night, just to guarantee I won't be stung by a dead battery in the morning.