This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch Broken Where the Band Connects To The Case

18 months after purchase I basically have a fitness tracker that I have to tape to my wrist or pin to my shirt…Sitting at my desk the other day my VAM3 just fell of my wrist.  Thought the band just came undone.  Nope one of the 4 band contact points is broken off.  After closer inspection there are small cracks on the remaining 3 points of contact.  Sorry but, these devices are way too expensive to be rendered useless after 18 months of wear.  While I wear it nearly 24 hours a day, it hasn’t been abused, I sit at a desk all day long, run with it most mornings/evenings and take it on the occasional swim.  I’ve had cheap plastic Timex watches that have lasted literally a decades!

Very disappointed because this watch did everything I wanted a watch to do, except last.  I reached out to Garmin via messenger as others suggested, no response yet…Apparently this isn’t unique to my watch or even the VAM3, there are many complaints from customers having the same issue on Vivoactives and Forerunner models.  I hope they fix this flaw and make a watch that will actually last, until then I won’t be buying another Garmin.

• Phone them. You will get it resolved one way or the other much quicker 

• I have the same problem. I have had my VAM3 since November 2018 ... here in Argentina garmin customer service is very bad. I hope I can repair it and it doesn't end up in the trash ...

• I contacted Garmin via FB Messenger, they responded about 3 days later with instruction to send my device in for replacement with a refurbished Vivoactive Music 3.

• Did they replace your watch?

• Yes they did.  Customer service folks were great.  Sent my broken Garmin in and had a refurbished Vivoactive 3M in two weeks.  I am very happy!

• Thanks for answering, I had a vivoactive HR before, similar situation and they didn't help. Now I bought the 3M same thing happened. I love this watch and use it every day. I am really disappointed as they are not cheap. I'm  in England I hope I will get help this time.

• Hey jpweb66. Thanks for posting this. My 645 Music simply fell off my wrist yesterday after a hill sprint. One of the plastic supports at the band attachment broke, just like what happened to you. I googled the issue and your post was one of the first. Instead of calling or FB messenger, I used Garmin's chat function. It took about 2 minutes for them to respond (Joshua) and I've already sent my watch in for a refurbished replacement. They were very helpful, and I should have the replacement in about a week.

• In Argentina Garmin official service says that my watch VAM3 is not repairable.. so, I have to throw it to garbage.. Latin America, what could I say... 

• Thank you so much, luckily I read this as the last time I was unlucky when my HR broke and just gave up and bought the new vivoactive 3M. This time when it broke, I didn't just give when I gave my serial number and it automatically came back with the message that my watch was "no longer in warranty"  I proceeded to get in touch with customer service here in the UK via e-mail explaining that I simply can't afford to loose 2 watches within 3 years. It's not supposed to fall of my wrist! They were very helpful and I now have a newly refurbished watch. I am so happy they stepped up. I will always continue to use Garmin products in the future.

• I have had the exactly same problem with my VA3M in the way that one of the strap lugs cracked, i contacted Garmin and now sent it back and now waiting for a refurbished replacment.