This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to calibrate treadmill (numbers greyed out)

I've seen this issue reported before (in other watch models as well) that when I do a treadmill activity (and the distance is wrong) I go to "calibrate & save" but I don't have access to enter whatever I want (some numbers are greyed out) so I can't even calibrate the correct distance. I spoke with support they offered to send me a replacement watch but as per previous posts about this I don't believe it's a hardware issue, I think it's a software issue as some people have reported factory resetting AND also receiving replacements and the problem persists.  I have factory reset an it works for a bit then after few runs it goes all wonky again. 

I asked them to open a ticket to escalate this to their software team but I don't feel hopeful. Has anyone had this issue and been able to rectify it? Some things I've done...

- several GPS walks/runs to help calibrate (all these were accurate for step and distance when using GPS outdoors)

- tried setting custom stride length (did treadmill activities with it set and without it set) no difference, it's still way off and still won't let me calibrate because it greys out some numbers.

- tried other activities (walk, indoor track, treadmill) all the same issue (some don't even give you the option to calibrate). 

I've seen people purchasing foot pods to deal with this issue but Garmin is not making them any more and I really don't feel like I should have to spend MORE money when I'm perfectly happy to calibrate my activity after each sessions as long as it would let me select the numbers for distance that I want to select.

Yes I know I can change it in connect, but I want to calibrate and change the activity distance on my watch too!