This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 3 Beta 6.94 is now available

Download

• For any issues that you encounter, please send an email to [email protected]. In your email please include the software version, and a detailed description of your issue, along with any steps to reproduce. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report. Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 6.90 to 6.93:

• Fixed an issue with swim CIQ apps not working correctly
  • Fixed a bug where CIQ widgets wouldn't properly timeout
  • Allow running Connect IQ apps to be uninstalled/updated
  • Fixed a bug preventing Tempe sensors from being used on Connect IQ widgets
  • Fixed where floors climbed showed an autolap setting
  • Fixed a bug preventing 3-digit pool length configurations
  • Any fix for the battery drain issue as well?

• I don't believe they usually post beta version so I can only imagine that they did it to "fix" the battery issue. Unfortunately as my device only lasts 20hours now I left it home and can't test yet

Also this point seems relevant:

• Fixed a bug where CIQ widgets wouldn't properly timeout
  • Is this going to install itself automatically? Is there a way to avoid it for now?

• Beta FW (the last digit isn't 0) don't auto install.  You have to install them manually, so you don't have to do anything to *not* get it.

• Thx, Jim. That's what I figured but this beta seems to have been handled differently than others in the past and the last thing I needed was more crashes.

• After 14 hours having this beta, my hourly battery usage decreased only with 0.008%. Something, but not a big deal, 0.192%/day.

• Any fix in the treadmill tracking? Before getting this replacement unit, I had a fairly accurate tracking in terms of pace. Now, after about 800m, while maintaining the run, my pace goes from 5:35 min/KM to 23 plus minutes... anyone else have issues with treadmill tracking?

• I have installed beta version 6.94. The installation process went OK however it did not take me through the setup process after installing the software and the SW version showed 6.94 for the main software but for the GPS software it showed 0.0 and when I activated RUN activity it tried forever to connect to GPS without succsess. No improvement on the battery consuption either .  Luckily Garmin provided the means to fall back to 6.90 and so I didi and this time it took me through the setup process and the GPS came up OK and fast and the software version showed OK also for GPS version and I am still stuck with 5%/hour battery discharge. Decided it is damaging my watch so I shut down and went back to my good old MOOV NOW. I get the feeling that GARMIN is not going to fix this problem for my watch (reminding that I bought it end of 2017). The only solution is I think to roll back to the last good version. I really do not care for the feature improvements of 6.90. Garmin , please give me the option to downgrade to an older version.

• On my VA3 (bought in August) the upgrade to this beta 6.94 worked fine. I have noticed in previous updates that for the GPS version to show correctly you have to have at least one GPS fix (i.e. start an activity with GPS and let the device find the location).

I have not had any battery drain issues before and have not noticed any changes in 6.94 so far.