This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Possibility for incident detection feature appear on VA3 series

Dear, I think this feature is quite easy to implement in our watches via update and should be a must due security reasons, what about a massive request to Garmin for this feature? Are many people interested? It is only an extension of an existing service "live tracking" of our watches so it does not affect to the segmentation between different watches range that Garmin pretends.

Try to keep alive this topic on the forum for know a Garmin response if they have in mind or not.

Thanks everybody

• Well, incident detection has been implemented on the VA3M a few firmware back.. On GCM you can set up an emergency contact. If the watch detect an accident or you long press the button, a email or text with location is sent to your contact (watch need to be connected to phone). In GCM, there is an orange menu Safety & Tracking.in the watch, in the settings->safety & tracking. 

• Of course I refered to the non music version. I didn't know that the music version has already this feature implemented.