This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgraded from 6.60 to 6.90 - Battery Drain still an issue

Just upgraded from 6.60 to 6.90 and wanted to report that battery drain is still a problem.

I've reset the watch and I'm losing about 10% an hour.

This does not feel good.

• I had this problem on my Vivoactive 3. It was several years old i.e. well out of warranty. After it was suggested on here to contact support I did just that here in the UK.

I explained the problem and all the resolutions I had tried. The rep raised a returns number and it has been replaced with a refurbished unit. That has been off charge for just over 24 hours and it is now at 87% battery. My unit would be completely flat in about 18 hours.

In my experience well worth calling support even if it is out of warranty.

• I contacted Garmin and told me that it is a well-known issue and they are working on it. I hope in the nearly future is solved. Otherwise, I will have to use my warranty. However, I am really annoyed that Garmin has force VA3 to take updates and to not be able to flash a desired firmware, this is a big drawback for me.

• Good news but my only hope of them fixing it is that the same issue appears on the newer V3 music and V4

• This battery drain issue must be something related to CIQ and old data, I mean not a fresh install of the update

• My guess is that GPS is draining the battery due to a bug from update 6.90, and Garmin is well aware of it! Still no update...
    I am starting to lose my patience. My VA3 can run for days (3-4 days) with 2 hours of training per day if I do not use GPS.

PD: After updating from Garmin Connect mobile 4.22 to 4.29 and taking the april time set update, now it seems that the GPS does not drain the battery!!! I need to further test it but it is excellent news from Garmin, well done! However, in my Mi A1 running Android 8.0 live heart rate in my day freezes the app (I have had to disable it) --> I solved this problem after performing a factory reset in my Android device, know everything working fine with HR in GC mobile!

PD2: I have noticed that charging with a fast charge it actually charges to 100% but in less than an hour, the VA3 loses around a 10%. However, charging with a PC it takes more time but it does not discharge so much battery after unplugging the VA3. Is there any maximum mAh charging limit advisable for the VA3, Garmin?