This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I delete downloaded watch faces?

How can I delete watch faces I have downloaded from Garmin IQ. The only option I have is to apply. No option to remove. I want to delete the ones that I have no use for but don't have that option.

• Agreed. Keeping track of a "Not Installed" (aka Uninstalled) list is ridiculous. Why aren't watch faces that were never installed listed there as well, if Garmin deems it necessary to keep track of "Not Installed" content? The inconsistency of this app is maddening.

For what it's worth, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Garmin Connect app on my Android phone. Once it re-synced with Garmin Connect servers, the "Not Installed" list repopulated. What the heck is the purpose of tracking this on the server?

Since it appears to be a server-side setting, I also dug around the web interface for the "Connect IQ Store" but (a) couldn't find the list of Installed or "Not Installed" faces on the web nor (b) any indication that the Not Installed watch faces that are crapping up Garmin Connect were ever "downloaded". So this is server-side info that can only be manipulated through the app? Great.

• I was able to remove my list of watch faces via 'manage storage'. Pressed down on each of them then clicked uninstall. 

• I too have a few 'NOT INSTALLED' watch faces now contained in my iPhone Garmin app that I want to remove but I can't find anywhere that I can remove these. Garmin app technicians - Can you please work on a fix ASAP in the app so that these can be removed. I now have the watch faces that I wish to retain, but I would like to delete the uninstalled faces. Thank you!

• I can’t remove the uninstalled faces in Connect IQ, is it possible?

• You need to use Garmin Express to delete uninstalled watch faces. 

Plug watch into computer, open Garmin Express, click on watch, click on IQ Apps, select 'Watch Faces' from the drop down menu, RIGHT CLICK on uninstalled watch faces, click remove.

• Excellent. This works. 

• I just figured out today how to remove unwanted watch faces from the list of watch faces that you have installed and tried. After you uninstall the watch face you no longer need, when your watch in connected in Garmin Express. Go to app. Secect watch faces. Find the ones you don't want on list, right click onto those & click onto delete from list..

• thanks my friend it worked for me (venu sq )
  • Guy, you are THE GENIUS

• I agree with the concern about being unable to fully delete "not installed" watch faces. I discovered after I downloaded one of the watch faces that the developer deriving from a less than reputable country (Russia). I wish I had known this before downloading, particularly given the 2020 Russian ransomware hack of Garmin (see: www.wired.com/.../). Also, the file size is 4x larger than most other watch face download, which is concerning. Garmin: please 1.) clearly identify the country of origin for your apps, and 2.) provide the ability to fully delete these apps off our watches and phones ASAP.