This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tried my Vivoactive3 on the golf course last week but the distances all were all in meters even though I've set the distances to yards for golf. Everything else is generally in meter (live in Canada). Any suggestions?

Tried my Vivoactive3 on the golf course last week but the distances all were all in meters even though I've set the distances to yards for golf.  Everything else is generally in meter (live in Canada).  Any suggestions?

• Hi guys, having the same problem (from Montreal, Canada).

I think we should just keep sending e-mails at these 3 addresses until someone at Garmin wakes up and does something about it ... These are the 3 I found so far :

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Hopefully someone will look into this simple issue that could be easily fixed.

Thanks.

• Having same issue with vivoactive 4. Very annoying 

• Does anyone have an update on this? Im keen to get golf yardages in yards and running/ cycling in km. I suspect that this is the same for many other UK users

• (It is the Vivoactive 4 I am using)

• If you want the distance read in yards, these settings have to be changed on the device itself. The device, The Connect app and the Golf app all have their own individual settings. The device does not differentiate between activities. When golfing, to have that setting, the setting has to be set for the entire device. This request has been brought up before and we have passed this along again. There is no guarantee that this change will be made, but we do hear you and always appreciate user feedback on how we can improve our products and your customer experience.

• Hi Amber.  Thanks for reiterating what everyone with these devices are already aware of.  Sorry.  So the bottom line is that Garmin knows it's an inconvenience for customers in jurisdictions which use a variety of measurement standards for various activities but will not be making any changes to the existing product line.  Who knows, maybe it will be a feature which will be incorporated into future products, but will I as a potential customer be willing to take that chance?  I think not, and will likely look for a competitor product which does offer that option. 

• Just got Venu SQ... super excited about being able to have one watch for running & golf.

Well, just today I have discovered problem discussed in this thread. I want to have my running in KM, but golf distance in YARDS. Tried multiple settings among Golf App, Connect App and watch itself, but no avail... 

This issue was raised more then year ago - I am new to Garmin products - is this how Garmin addresses product bugs and user concerns? By ignoring them?

From Garmin response above:

"The device does not differentiate between activities"... Really? If that's the case why not quote the golf distance in MILES/KM? That would make as much sense as the current setup... 

• It´s absurd...  Put your development team to work. Should take less than a week of serious work. There is not a single person that will use golf app in meters.

• Just found this thread under Golf section:

Garmin Approach S62 - support for running in km but golf in yards - Approach S62 - Golf - Garmin Forums

Does it mean that S62 supports this, but other watches do not? Like Venu Sq, ...???

• Garmin? Anyone? I am guessing the silence means this nonsense is still NOT fixed for other models...