This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3 music doesn't send notifications or control music from my phone

Hey,

So I've had the active 3 music for about a year now. He was connected to my Xiaomi A1 until last week and it worked perfectly. Now, I bought a new phone Xiaomi Redmi 9T. I've connected the watch to the phone and it connected normally but now, it doesn't show me any notifications or control the music from my phone. In the Garmin Connect app, the watch does seem connected. The smart notifications are on. Any advice? 

• Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Today I have found out something suspicious: after factory resetting my watch, and reinstalling Garmin Connect, the issue remains.

But after pairing with another phone. Mine is Oneplus 6. The new phone I've tested is a Nexus 6.

It worked fine in Nexus.

So, I suppose some weird update related to phone is causing it.

If so, it is going to be a problem, since I don't expect Oneplus will look for and fix it .

• Redmi note 6 pro, the problem was solved like this. Go to settings - advanced settings - privacy - access to notifications, allow for Connect. You can also stop the Google play music service in the section - settings - for developers - running applications. After these operations, the widget controls any running player.
  • Nope. It's not working. And it's giving me this notification. After rebooting the phone it's still not working and keep showing me this.

• I have also seen the notification "Access Required - Android notifications have stopped unexpectedly..." a few times since Garmin Connect app was updated to version 4.22.1 on August 29. After restarting my phone (Huawei P20 lite with Android 9) notifications on the VA3 worked again.

• So what's the response, GARMIN? Hundreds of customers appear to experience this problem (look through multiple forums, it's all over the place.

WHAT'S THE SOLUTION?