This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ability to Eq Music on Vivoactive 3 Music

I just acquired a VA3M, and am quite disappointed in the music quality, as being able to listen to music during my runs is the the main reason I got this watch. I have noticed that the VA3M puts out music that leans towards the higher frequencies, and am wondering if Garmin has anything in the works to address this annoyance, or if it is even possible. Before anyone jumps on me about the earbuds I am using or that I don't know how to insert them properly, I am a semi-pro drummer and am familiar with sound engineering. I use a model of Shure in-ear monitors on stage that was carefully chosen because of their flat frequency response which enables me to hear everything from low bass to very high frequencies equally. This is especially important for a drummer, as drummers need to hear all this to be able to complement all instruments and vocals. I use a Bluetooth version of the same model in-ear monitors with my phone, and my music player, and I can tell you that the VA3M falls very short in music quality. For example, standing in my house and not moving, I can detect some bass frequencies on the VA3M, but the lower frequencies are a much lower volume than the mids and highs. When you start moving, especially when running, the little bass that you do hear gets completely washed out.

That said, I was wondering if it's possible to adjust the music frequencies via a small band equalizer or something. I haven't seen anything in the stock system, and I'm sure Garmin has heard numerous complaints in regards to this. I would like to keep this watch if I know that at some point I will be able to use it for listening to music. I am also a software developer, albeit not on Monkey C, but would like to know if this something like this is even possible to develop. If anyone knows of something already out there, I'd appreciate hearing about it, too.

Thanks in advance!