This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Abnormal Heart Rate Detected Alerts - What exactly was detected?

My VA3 watch displayed an Abnormal Heart Rate Detected Alert this morning...what exactly did it detect? High HR? Low HR? Arrhythmia? VT? Something else? I didn't feel or notice any strange heart rate at the time I looked at the watch and saw the alert.

This is the second time I've seen this displayed on my watch and when I told my cardiologist about the first time I saw it happen he asked what did it detect? I could only answer that I didn't know as the Alert shown on the watch face didn't specify any further details.

Please have the Garmin developers include additional relevant information in the Alert to make it more useful otherwise as it currently works it is a useless feature. Please also include the date/time of the alert as in this morning's case I had no idea how long the message was displayed on the watch face.

• I hope you're ok!! 

I have given my son (19) a vivomove 3 today & his heart rate is like that. He's been complaining of light-headedness but feels otherwise we'll. Going straight to the GP tomorrow! 

Thank you for the update, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Sending positive vibes x

• Hello! Anyone with abnormal heart rate alert questions that are not related to how to turn on/use the feature should reach out to their doctor. I have also included an article for some questions you may have. https://www.garmin.com/en-US/legal/atdisclaimer/

• Hi, was it his average heart rate going up every day or just normal bpm when he was checking? 

How have you got on? x

• I had this about a year ago, mine was not related directly to my actual HR as when at gym I hit higher numbers. I was sitting at 3am drinking and got the message and shat myself. I later found out I had some heart issues whether flagged or related to the warning is unknown but coincidencal for sure. I was found to have left ventricular hypertrophy as well as high blood pressure (210 / 130) as well as enlarged heart (likely from bp). Not sure if this is Any help to  anyone but wanted to share my experience.

I hardly wear my watch now as gyms are shut. Stay safe and hope everyone well.

• I have had the abnormal heart rate message in the last 2 days while resting and acknowledge this is a sign that I need to see my doctor to have some further tests done. I am a personal trainer and group fitness instructor and use the heart rate monitor daily. I also checked my BP which was higher than my normal 110/70........130/90 while laying still rings alarm bells.  Take a heads up on any abnormal heart reading when your Garmin is correctly programmed, it may just save your life.

It is good to hear others stories as it also helped confirm that I need to see my GP.

Thank you 

• Im 47 years old male, relatively healthy and i have an Instinct Solar. This is just anecdotal but 2 months ago, my garmin gave abnormal heart rate alerts 7 times in one day. The next day i had Transient Ischemic Attack. I still get the same alerts now but never more than twice a day. It still bugs me whenever i get the alerts 

• Thank you so much for that info. My watch was scaring the life out of me! 

• What I understand is that the alert goes off when your HR reaches or exceeds the threshold set when there is inactivity. There are different factors on increased HR like stress or when you are doing something like sitting like when your presenting on Zoom, which happened to me twice.  When this happed to me I saw my heart rate was at 100 but it immediately went down to 78 in just a few seconds.

• Was the alert happening when you felt your heart beat changing? I was peeling prawns and the only my fingers were moving and it set it off 3 times on 2 days. 

• Yes. It happened when I was doing something stressful even while sitting down.