This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Who still getting battery drain issues with 6.30?

I'm still getting a drain between 1% to 1.5% per hour using basic functionality:

• Wrist Heart Rate monitor is running
  • Notifications are on
  • Analogue watch face (no seconds)

Contacting support seems pointless to me as they're still insisting it's a hardware issue and never answer my questions about a possible software issue (and I've been quite blunt with how I've phrased that to them).

• I didn't have a problem with 6.20 but now with 6.30 I do.  I lost appx 20% in the last few hours. Its funny as the website states that 6.30 on fixed the bug that caused battery drain issues. 

• I'm getting 0.4 to 0.5% per hour usage, so about 8 days per charge, basically using it as a smartwatch. Same settings as you - wrist HR on, notifications on, various faces but no seconds showing.

I seem to be winning by leaving it on charge for at least an hour after it says it's charged to 100%. If I take it off charge earlier, immediately restarting it makes the battery usage return to the above figures.

• OK.  Thanks for the suggestion I'll try that.   I wasn't quite sure if you always restated the watch after charging?

• I apologize for the confusion.  We have an open ticket with engineering regarding the battery life.  The ticket mistakenly requested exchanging the unit.  This was meant for anyone with a battery life, that was less than a day and wanted an exchange.  The ticket has been reworded and if you would like to be added to the ticket, please reach out to your local support team.

• Yes, absolutely I would! ... I have already contacted the local support team (and have been in contact with them for the past week - whilst including the UK MD in the email trail) and they have so far refused to contemplate anything other than a hardware issue.  I'm now awaiting a call from the UK Product Support manager on Monday as part of an escalated complaint.

Having already irritated the local support team enough, how would you suggest I present this request to them?  Please answer directly via email if you can.

• That's good to know, mine is just getting worse with each SW update. It started around 6.1 or maybe a GPS update around that time.

On 6.3 I get less than 24 hours between charges with about 30 - 45 minute sensor use during workouts. I have reverted to my vivoactive HR for general use and now only use the 3 for sleep tracking and workouts. I get an easy week or more with the HR.

The 3 was supposed to be an upgrade which it is on many things but this battery issue is really frustrating.

• Now 2 days later, drain stabilized under 0.5 (0.485% / hour), Actiface, onboard HR sensor

• The battery drain seems to have normalised. Ive lost 22% in the last 2 days appx. I unpaired the watch, signed out of the connect app and deleted off my phone. Then I downloaded again and signed in and paired the device and seems to have done the trick.

• No, I only restart if it hasn't charged to 100% for at least an hour

• Sounds about right for me too.  My vivoactive 3  is disconnected with BT off.  Every function and notification, activity tracking OFf, no sensors except HR wrist on Smart, and backlight timeout only on short and 20%