This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When are you going to fix the battery issue in for VA3 6.20? I'm now lucky if it lasts for 3 days!

Battery drain is at least 40% worse on this version of the firmware.   I used to get to 4 days and still have about 30% left, now I get to 3 days and have just 18% left.   When are you actually going to take notice and fix the issue you've created?  You could issue a "temporary" fix and allow us to use 6.10 (or even make a 6.30 version from 6.10).

• And quite similar in Canada ... definitely looks like it's advertised as a Smart Watch to me

https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/571520

GPS Smartwatch with Contactless Payments and Wrist-based Heart Rate

• Garmin PayTm contactless payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch¹
    • Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQTm store
    • More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
    • Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness age estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress²
    • Get connected features³ such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin ConnectTm, LiveTrack and more
    • Battery life4: up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode
  • Overnight I got a 1.2% drain after updating to 6.40 - which is an improvement over the 1.4% drain on 6.30.  But still not good enough.  I will re-charge and check over a full 24 hours

• Is there somewhere on the watch or app you are getting this data from or are you calculating it yourself?

• Hello, we are currently investigating reports of battery life issues with the vivoactive 3.  If you would like to be added to the ticket, please reach out to your local support team.

• Yes, absolutely I would! ... I have already contacted the local support team (and have been in contact with them for the past week - whilst including the UK MD in the email trail) and they have so far refused to contemplate anything other than a hardware issue.  I'm now awaiting a call from the UK Product Support manager on Monday as part of an escalated complaint.

Having already irritated the local support team enough, how would you suggest I present this request to them?  Please answer directly via email if you can.

• Using a very basic but functional battery drain monitor app called Battery Widget by DSAPPTECH, had the most positive comments, BTW drain today is 0.485% /hr, Actiface watch face, wrist sensor & notifications ON.

• I have seen some smartwatches and from that view the VA3 is not a smartwatch for me, it is more an activity tracker and from this my perspective the VA3 serves me well for the money.

Also, I prefer a longer battery life for things what I need (and when I need) vs all other fancy (or not really fancy) bells and whistles it can do (and more likely cannot do as an ordinary smartwatch).

Back to battery life issues (advertised or not), costs nothing to play with turning on and off things. The bottom line is, what less is moving on screen and in the background - chewing less battery.

• Any new about vivoactive 3 battery drain issue? 7.2 firmware. It lasts only 12h when 3/4 days ways the normal duration

• been searching the forums and haven't seen anything, unfortunately this seems to be a reoccurring problem..