This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery draining fast, any idea what's going on?

I got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music a month and a half ago, battery wasn't really an issue, it'd last me 2-3 days, but yesterday night I put my watch to charge and it got up to 75%, then I slept, morning came and I was greeted by a low battery warning(6:30am), even tho I didn't use Bluetooth audio or anything, I charged it to 50% and then went on my daily routine, by 2:00PM i had 20%, I didn't use anything, didn't use Bluetooth nor GPS, this seems to have started yesterday, any ideas about what's going on?
  • Definitely reboot.

Then, if you still have same problem, I'd try looking for some obvious stuff like:

watchface (I use a standard Garmin digital)
    what percentage of brightness? I set to 20%
    make sure it's not looking for a sensor (any synced sensor is turned off)
    gesture is turned off

You may also want to consider restoring to factory settings and starting all over again.

I guess there's a chance you may have a defective watch.
    However, with the new 3.9 software, I'm getting great battery life -- with and without gps use too.
  • It seems to have corrected itself over the night? Battery's back to normal, and yeah, I tried to reboot it and used the same watchface I always use, thank you anyways for your help.
  • My battery wasnt lasting a round. When the watch was completely flat and blank, I pressed the bottom left button simultaneously with the 2 buttons on the right. Seems to access some hidden part of the battery and the watch now lasts much more that the round of golf.

• You have more than one button on VA3? It seems that You have some special edition :-)