This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive in Sauna?

Has anyone used their Vivoactive in a sauna?
Just purchased a Vivoactive music but wondering about using it in heated environment.
  • Why chance it? Just put in a locker or wrap in a towel if no locker. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

NO DONT DO IT!
    Can confirm that I destroyed my Vivoactive 3 by taking it in to the sauna. It was working while being inside. After the battery discharged at the end of the day. It never wanted to charge again. If I tried to charge it I would hear a swooshing sound. Like air is escaping the watch. And it would get super super super hot after 2 minutes on the charger. I think I destroyed the battery inside.

I need to find a service centre in my country and hope that its only battery.

The sauna was the one around or slightly over 100c.

• Sure! Standard sauna in europe is between 70 degree and 95 degree. Some crazy finish guys go 100 and above! Celsius!

• I have learned the hard way with various electronics that as long as I leave them on my body (as a heat sink) they dont get too hot and are fine.  The minute you take them off and set them down next to you, they get hot FAST and thats when the problems start.   Of course, this is also why you cant trust the temperature as read from your wrist.  It will always be somewhere between the air and body temp, but never either exactly.

• ^this. Mine gets extremely hot.. Ive learned to just keep my hand over it the whole time and it seems fine 

• The description for the VA4 says: "This watch is water-rated to 5 ATM, making it perfect for a swim, shower or spa day."

Does a spa day include sauna? If yes, has the device specs changed for the VA4? Is the Fenix 6 also fine with a spa day? 

Thank you! 

• I wouldnt chance it...they say safe operating up 50 celcius...would be nice to track HR....if you deff wsnt to try. i suggest wraping a small DRY towel around it and your wrist. i use my mp3 player in the saune at 90c. keep it wrapoed in towel and after w yrs of doing this no probs