This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible for the screen to go to sleep?

One of the frustrating features of the VA3 is that more times than not, I inadvertently swipe the watch face sending it to anywhere but the time.
I have launched timers, changed watch faces and other functions by accident.
Sure, you can lock the watch but have the ungratifying lock symbol to put up with.

Could Garmin update the firmware to allow the watch face to go to sleep after a few seconds of viewing? Much like the Apple Watch or Fitbit devices?
When you need to view the time, tap the watch. During workouts, the sleep mode would be overridden to allow the watch face to be viewable all the time.
It would save some of the frustrations and maybe even help extend the battery life.
  • Have you tried using "lock" from the controls?
    Having the screen go blank would be a step backwards, as that's something people like over things like the AW. Plus, even with that, a tap would wake it up, and you then see the same thing happening.
  • If you want an apple watch, go and buy an apple watch.
    The screen can be locked automatically and, I don't want to touch it if the only thing I want is to check the time.
  • I agree with copper, it should go to sleep and save some battery life, and have it set to wake up by a wrist turn or tap like fitbit. there really is no reason for it to stay on all day draining battery unless your in activity mode.

• This is sadly one of the disadvantages of a touchscreen watch.  My Fitbit had the same problem, just because it turns off automatically doesn't mean it doesn't instantly do "odd stuff" when it detects touches.

This is why the Fenix series etc are so great, it's all button driven.  Not as "user friendly" you could argue, but none of the random problems in the shower when your watchface changes etc etc.

Everything is a tradeoff Slight smile

• I think one useful thing would be a sleep mode during actual human sleep. Such a sleep mode could remove the seconds tic and save battery by a lower refresh rate of the watch.

• Yeah, that's an obvious flaw. I don't see why there shouldn't be an option to make the screen go black, like on my iPhone.