This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stopwatch question

Hi all - when I use the stopwatch, it seems to revert back to the main menu after a period of time and I then have to go back into the menu and select it again.
The stopwatch is still running in the background but I wondered if there is a setting to have it running on the main screen whilst in use.

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance.
Cheers
Woody
  • From reading this subforum, a change was made a while back by Garmin to automatically exit the stopwatch after 5 minutes, to save battery.
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...-fix-stopwatch
    This change was made to improve battery life on the device, the screen will revert back when using the timer or stop watch function after 5 minutes. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. There are currently no plans to change this design.

Hope you don't mind, but I will recommend my own free stopwatch app (Stop and Go), which looks and works similar to the built-in stopwatch app on 935. I don't know how close it is to the VA3 experience, but maybe you can tell me, after you try it. :)

(My app won't automatically exit after 5 minutes.)

I made a few improvements over the Garmin experience:
    - Black background (can be changed to white)
    - Clock (time of day)
    - Optional pop-up lap screen (great for intervals)
    - Simple mode with just clock and time (no laps)
    - Can stop and reset with just a couple of button presses/taps (there's no annoying pause menu, unlike the Garmin stopwatch)
    - Ability to switch between lap time and split (total) time, in the lap list

It can also keep going after you exit the stopwatch without stopping it (which is a lot easier to do than in the native stopwatch -- just swipe right). And just like the native 935 stopwatch, you can record your laps as an activity.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/3...8-f45584b0a117
  • Thanks Flowstate - I will give that a whirl.
    cheers
    Woody
  • Does anyone know how to clear and stop the stopwatch? I used mine about a week ago to time my kids and it is still running. The only option I have is a lap button. If I double tap it just pauses. I have tried removing and adding the app but it is still running.... help!?!

• I have the same issue - how do you stop the stopwatch?? Many thanks 

• Press the button to pause the stopwatch and you should get an option to "Reset" appear. Tap that and you have a stopped reset stopwatch. HTH.

• No longer available?