This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watchband Pin falls out often

Anyone having trouble with the watchband pin falling out repeatedly?
  • I've purchased 3 bands from Garmin and they have all popped off during wear after a month of use.  I've come to expect my watch to fall off about 5x per day.  Each band I've owned has done this.  I think it is a design flaw.  If there is a generic band that stays on the watch better, LMK!  I'm not going to realize it falls off one day and be watchless! 

• I have experienced the same thing. I believe GARMIN must be aware of this, and the fact that they haven't addressed it in any way leaves a bad taste in my mouth for the brand. A company that willfully sells a fairly expensive product that could fall off and be lost ... grrrr. At this point, I'm actually considering putting epoxy in the holes.

• I could not agree more!  I am considering spending more money on an apple watch or fitbit just so I'll own a watch that will stay on my wrist! 

• I am devastated. The strap release on mine has occasionally come undone but I have always noticed. However, last night whilst on a jog the strap has come undone without me realising and after retracing my steps I could not find my watch. All Garmin have done so far is suggest using the app to locate my device but since I did not have my phone on me it was not connected so I cannot locate my device :( . I am so disappointed as I bought this watch for exercising, and it was obviously not fit for purpose as it should not have come undone.  

• I’m so sorry. That stinks! Same thing happened to me. I was watch-less for about a month and then found my watch under the seat of my car. I tried all kinds of silicone bands and they all popped off!  My Garmin watch was always on the ground.  I bought a band off Amazon with LINKS as opposed to the silicone  or  leather ones... it stays on!!!!!!  Having a SMALL WRIST puts too much strain on the pins unless the band has links.  IF your watch turns up... get links which looks totally bougie when exercising but the damn thing stays put!

• I had problems with aftermarket watch bands popping off. In addition the cups in the watch tangs would also come out. I put the cups back in with super glue and purchased 21 mm watch strap pins that were not quick release. I have confidently worn the watch windsurfing where it takes a beating and have not had any problem. In fact, after some time in the seawater, the pins freeze up and the only way to get them out is by cutting them off with a wire cutter. Maybe not ideal if you like to change bands a lot, but very secure.

• I have been using a nylon strap for a while and it also came loose several times. While messing around with it i also lost one of those little cups. It's a miracle i found it back on the carpet after half an hour searching, and was able to put it back in... Since then i'm back to the original silicon strap and never had any issues ever since. That one does not take the cups with it when being removed. I guess the watch needs that little bit of elasticity that nylon straps don't have.

• I noticed on my Garmin that it's not the strap itself or the pins that is the problem, but rather the pin sockets (specifically there seems to be a tiny metal piece that fell out of the socket thatthe pins go into). Does Garmin replace that?

• i have the same issue, what i did was to press some blu-tak in the pin holes re-fit strap and the pins stop in!

• I bought my Venu not long ago from Garmin directly, so far, the long strap side has come out countless times.  I tried another make but that was worse.  Luckily, it hasn't, yet, dropped onto a hard floor.