This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep Tracking Tracks Sleep But Changes Values During the Next Day

I repeatedly have incorrect values showing when I sync my VA3 after waking up. Sometimes, the start time is incorrect. More often, there are significant amounts of time during the night when it shows that I have been awake when I have been asleep. What is equally puzzling is that during the day, it will often change its interpretation of my sleep. Often, it changes the start time so that it is more closely equal to the actual start time. It also often changes the time it initially indicated I was awake during the night to time when I was asleep. Has anyone else experienced this? What is going on? This is totally different from my VA HR which almost always got the information correct and never changed it during the day.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 5270954

My Fenix 5X Plus does the same thing. Probably the second most frustrating thing about it behind the incorrect heart rate readings I get while running (the main reason I bought the watch).

• God.. glad to know i'm not the only one experiencing this.. why would they even collect the data if the data cannot be valid.. I was thinking about contacting them, but now i guess I will just look for other tracking options..

• I am experiencing the same issue. Just got a new V4 with sleep tracking and its data changes throughout the day.

• Same here. I have a new V4. It is recording very low levels of deep sleep and the reading reduces several times each day after syncing. Not sure if I should be concerned at how little deep sleep I am getting or what the real reading is.

• Garmin : this has to be addressed! make it clear.

I have been taking screenshot of connect sleep page almost every morning because it will change sleep time later on the day.

here is screenshots of this morning it changes twice! 

taken at 6h43, 6h55 and 9h39

yes I was probably awake at 6h15ish when I looked at my cell and that's when I clic on connect app and take my screenshot when I get out of bed at 6h43. So explain to me why the garmin servers (algorithms) decide that I woke at 6h41 since obviously I was awake between 6h09 and 6h15.

Garmin tell us how it work so we xan at last doesn't rely on screenshot to correct the data later on...

thx.

• Thank you. This is annoying to no end, and I’m glad it’s a known issue. Even if it’s constantly changing, at least I know that’s what it’s supposed to be doing with the software available.