This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VA3 intensity minutes not calculated with IQ apps?

VA3 intensity minutes not calculated with IQ apps? Any others having the same issue?
  • Tried my hiking app on the latest FW this morning and it generated intensity minutes fine. Maybe there's something about the sport used? (SPORT_HIKING for me), or the setting for intensity minutes on the watch? (settings>activity tracking>intensity minutes). I use "auto"
  • The IQ app that you use doesn't turn off the HR sensor?
  • Mine specifically turns on HR, and will connect to an external one if available.
  • All FB3 apps use HR and will connect to the external HR first and the optical second. this may be an 'activity type' issue, were the Intensity Minutes are not being calculated due to the activity type.
  • All FB3 apps use HR and will connect to the external HR first and the optical second. this may be an 'activity type' issue, were the Intensity Minutes are not being calculated due to the activity type.

It doesn't work anymore. In all custom apps (Sports+, Strenght Training+...) my Vivoactive 3 don't get data from external HR, if build-in one is turned off heart rate is 0 all time.
    If I manually turn off wrist sensor and start bulid-in activity I'v got a message 'external HR connected", for Connect IQ app "wrist heart rate monitor is disabled." message appear and HR is not recorded at all.
    Not only me get the same problem :
    https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...nd-custom-apps

Intensity minutes works fine at least in Sports+
  • You don't need to turn off the internal one. When an external one connects, the internal one is disabled, and when you save the activity, the internal one is re-enabled.
  • I know that ????.
    ????Just turned it off to be sure that hr is not coming from internal sensor.
    And still, external HR sensor does not work with IQ apps!
    It's frustrating because it was ok i the past ????
    ??
  • With the OHR left on, and the va3 sitting on my desk (so no chance of OHR data), it's connect to an a ANT+ HRM band with my Hike2 app and is working fine and displaying the HR.

So the external HR is working in at least some CIQ apps.

Update. I tried with OHR turned off under Sensors&Accessories, and while I get a message that OHR is off, it too seems to be working fine.
  • Hmm,
    So maybe problem is coming from Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) conection with OH1 sensor.
    It does not support ANT+ ????.

Do you get messege that external sensor is connected in CIQ apps? I got it in default apps but not in customs apps.
  • I don't recall seeing a connected message, but I didn't on a Tempe either (I was using both). It could be something with a BT sensor - I don't have one to try, but that is a difference.