This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone Alarm Clock does not trigger Watch Notification

Hi,

when the alarm clock on the smartphone fires, the watch does not recognize this. So no vibration and no option to dismiss the alarm.
It used to work.
So my question is, if there is any special setting needed to get that working again?
I've re-installed Garmin Connect and all notifications are allowed. E.g. I get a notification when I set the alarm time in the phone.
  • I wish for the same thing. I'm just not sure the phone's alarm is an app (so to speak). In other words, I think this is "by design". The watch itself has an alarm feature, but it is buggy at best (sometimes misses alarms).
  • Short update:
    Recommendation from Garmin Support was to factory-reset the watch. This is no option for me, as I do not want to spent time on setting up everything again.
    But I found another solution: I tried several alarm clock apps from the Google Play Store and 'Timely' Alarm Clock' does the job.
    So using that one instead of the stock alarm clock everything is working for me as wanted. Alarms are trigered on phone and watch, and on watch
    one can 'Snooze' or 'Stop' the alarm. In addition, Timely has quite a nice user interface, but that is of course matter of taste.
    • Timely don't  work eney more  was ok  up until last week ?? 
  • I have the same issue. I have been told that the Garmin software can not handle this. I hope there will be a software update to resolve this issue.

• Got the same issue. I've tried everything with no result.

• My Android 11 phone (Google)Alarm app was interacting properly with my Fenix6 - I was getting a notification for "upcoming alarm", then when alarm active I had the watch vibrated with an option to stop or snooze on the watch itself. Approximately 10 days ago I noticed alarms are not triggering any notification on the watch. I tried disabling/enabling Clock app via GC app as well checking all the settings - alarms still not displaying on watch.

• I've got the exact same experience as you (same watch) - there must have been an update or something disabling this function - really miss the opportunity to snooze the alarm from my Garmin. Maybe try a hard reset  of the watch...

• HI.  I think i found either a solution or a workaround....   had the same issue, and it works now...

I checked all of these items and turned on what was off...

On your Phone:

Clock>AppInfo>Notifications>Firing alarms & timers>Show Notification Dot

Clock>AppInfo>Notifications>Firing alarms & timers>Override Do Not Disturb

Clock>AppInfo>Notifications>Allow notification dot

I think the last one was already on.....

EDIT: I FORGOT A FEW OTHER THINGS I HAD DONE IN TRYING TO MAKE THIS WORK AGAIN.....

1) I Uninstalled all Clock Updates on my Android  (still not updated, and still working)

2) Deleted and recreated alarms in Clock App

EDIT 2:

Confirmed it is the android clock app update... It auto updated and broke the alarm again....

When you uninstall the clock app, it just uninstalls the updates... then just uncheck auto update for now.....

Hope that helps!!

• Unfortunately the above does not work for me. All those except "override DND" were already checked. As it suddenly stopped working - I doubt it is settings issue in my case.

EDIT: Looks like the issue is actually after Android clock app updated 2 days ago. I checked Play Store and there are now complain from people with smart watches(non-Garmin) that have the same issue. Unfortunately I can not find option to remove updates from Clock, just the entire app.

• User 6660271: Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have no idea how much this helps thank you !! Went to apps uninstall and then unchecked the box for auto update and BINGO , fingers crossed they fix the bug but yea man thanks for posting this,  super appreciate it