This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to record naps (additional sleep) during daytime.

Is there any way to track or add nap during day time. I have some mental health problems that prevent me from sleeping more than 3 hours, so I have to sleep many times to make a sum of 8 hours. Is it possible to do so. Tks a lot for your replies.
  • It's a good idea, why Garmin not implemented it?
  • It was implemented years ago but it was very limited. I can still record a nap on my VF1 that is on the shelf. For a nap, all I need to do is to manually enter sleep mode and then leave sleep mode when I wake up. The problem with that is that you have to be awake to do that. There is no way to adjust it afterwards.
  • Yes, there were "naps" on the va1 and f3 (maybe the f3hr, I'm not sure), but about that time, "sleep processing" was moved from the watch to the servers, and no devices since have had "naps".
  • Yes, I keep forgetting about the 920.. :)
  • Perhaps the incoming sleep improvements will have naps included again? I know it's a tricky thing to implement
  • It is not -at least for my VA3 - which is an embarrasment for a big player like Garmin as small companies like Pebble could do it already two years ago and like tantissa can do (http://autosleep.tantsissa.com) reliably. It can´t be THAT tricky that tiny teams or even single developers could outperform Garmin.

I for myself moved to Fitbit for the moment as I realised: sleep tracking is important for me, I have to take and track my naps when I´m stressed out bc of teaching duties.

My VA3 rests a couple of month in the drawer. I hope, Garmin gets it right. If not, it´ll be sold - which would be a pity as it is superior in almost every other way.
  • Not possible.

No explanation? Why is it not feasible or what's the technical challenges in implementing such a feature. Looking at the comments, looks like others have implemented it. Or are you just trying to troll?
  • If you know a way of tracking naps on the VA3, then please enlighten me.
    And if not, then unless someone prooves me wrong, I was right by saying it is not possible on the VA3.
    I do not feel obliged to explain anything to you, especially that I don't know any explanation - and as a matter of fact - am not interested in one.

Was a simple question - I provided a simple answer.