This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bring back manual calibration of the altimeter

Former Member
Former Member
I don't own a VA3, but my wife does and I'm posting on her behalf. Garmin has decided to remove manual calibration of the altimeter to a know elevation with the recent 5.0 FW update. Altitude readings on the VA3 are now completely dependent on your GPS signal. Depending on weather/cloud cover, buildings or trees, and how many satellites are available at the time a GPS signal is obtained, Garmin states on their support website that a + or - 400' discrepancyisn't uncommon and is acceptable for their watches. See the link below.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...Type=noProduct

If you'd like to have the manual calibration returned to the VA3, simply post a "yes" to this thread. If you want to post more, or if you don't want manual calibration to return, you're of course welcome to do so too. My intention is to contact support in a few days and direct them to this thread. The more people who respond, the better chance Garmin will consider returning this option in a future firmware update. Please keep in mind when posting that this thread is in no way a demand or requirement that Garmin make any changes, but simply a request by VA3 owners.