This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 3

I have a Forerunner 310XRT which I love and cannot fault. Looking to upgrade to a smartwatch. I am quite interested in the HR functionality and I need GPS. Basically should I buy a Vivoactive 3 or not?
  • The VA3 seems to be mostly loved but there still are some bugs that are turning off some people. I use a VA1 and it's great. The only issue I have is that GPS drains the battery very quickly. I have to recharge it every 2 days if I do my usual 1.5 hours a day with GPS. The VA3 is supposed to last longer than the VA1 but without GPS, battery life is less.

I replaced my FR305 2 years ago with a refurb FR910XT and it's worked out very well for me. It boasts 20 hours of activity use with GPS and it pretty much delivers. The FR910XT is an old model without HR or tracking features so I wouldn't recommend it for you. What I would recommend is to consider some of the newer FR models or maybe a Fenix before making a decision. However, they are bound to be more expensive.
  • Thanks for your reply. I have had a quick look and the Forerunner 735XT now has my attention! Little bit more money than VA3 I think but interesting, thanks again.
  • I had a VA3 and found the battery life a little short, 4 days or so. I went for the forerunner 645 and it's brilliant. Battery life closer to a week and looks a bit more upmarket.