This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting issue with Huawei phone

Hello,

I have an issue connecting my vivoactive 3 (version 3.50) with my Huawei P9 lite (latest sofware version).

With the version 3.50 this issue shloud be fixed but now there are the same issues as before.

Either my vivoactive can't connect with the reason that some Garmin divices need the latest version (v3.50) to connect to Huawei phones, or they connect but the data doesn't sync and the app tells me that my divice needs a critical software update to fix the issues.

The problem is that I definitely have the latest version.

Another issue is that every time I chatge my vivoactive Garmin Connect says that there is new content to install and after I unplug it from my pc it install something. Now my divice installed the verion 3.50 at least 3 times.

Have anyone eles this issue or can my anybody tell what I need to do to fix these issues?

Regrads
DAFA ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1339935.jpg
  • I've got this message as well (with a 935) - the GC app prompts me to run Garmin Express, but despite running (and updating) Garmin Express nothing seems to change. I've still got the same prompt in the GC app, and have rebooted the PC, the 935 and the phone.
  • Same here. I tried contacting Garmin support and they emailed back asking me to install the beta firmware which is older than the current 3.5 firmware. This is getting highly frustrating.
  • on a Huawei p9 here with v3.5.
    I too got that critical software update notice on Garmin connect a couple days ago.
    so I plugged into the PC, but Express said I was up to date...so no idea what that notice was about.
    haven't had any issues since unplugging.
  • I have the Huawei mate 9 and i received my VA3 few days ago. When set up it for first time, made update to 3.50 firmware and from the first time connected to my phone and all notifications and syncronization works perfect. A was getting a message on garmin connect on my phone that there is a critical update for my device but i did not connect it to garmin express. As long as it works i do not change anything...
  • Same here on my Huawei Honor 8.
    Also I have had (and still have) a host of other issues since the last few months -
    ---- stopped getting smart notifications from my phone to the watch completely - despite rebooting, re-pairing, resetting, giving permissions....
    ---- keeps saying there is no storage space to install updates and watch faces even if there more than 7 MB of the total 8 MB space showing on my PC.
    ---- floors climbed is completely out of whack in the last few weeks.
    ---- music and weather widgets don't work as it says 'phone connection required' - even though the device is paired and connects and syncs fine to Garmin Connect on phone.
  • Something that's worth having a look at as it seemed to improve (but not cure) the notification issues is to go into Notifications Management (in EMUI) for GC and make sure Priority Display is on.

I've stopped getting the Critical Update message in GC now but I don't know whether that means it's done something, or not.
  • Had the message in GC, did the update to 3.5... No real improvement for me on my honor 6x, it works but sometimes it can't take a very long time to do the synchonisation...

But today The critical update message in GC appeared again but garmin express can't find any update.
  • Something that's worth having a look at as it seemed to improve (but not cure) the notification issues is to go into Notifications Management (in EMUI) for GC and make sure Priority Display is on.

I've stopped getting the Critical Update message in GC now but I don't know whether that means it's done something, or not.

I think all notification settings are correct but there are still the same issues.

Yesterday, I charged my va3 and GE had some new content available. In the chagelog only the word "settings" were displayed. I couldn't click on it. After unplugging and a view restarts my va3 did nothing. In the GC app there is the message that there are connecting issues as well.
    The only change I noticed is that the message for the critical update only showed sometimes but not often.
  • ok, i just noticed that 'critical update' notice on GC happens everytime GC gets a new version (which has happened something like 3 times over last 2 weeks?)...kinda idiotic tho as when u plug the VA3 into GE...it basically says nothing to be updated.
  • Also using a Huawei P9, getting "Critical update...Use Garmin express bla bla" messages on my phone.