This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Altitude is very incorrect

Hello,

Since v3.30, altitude seems to be incorrect, showing very crazy values, sometimes very high, sometimes negative ones.
After I've factory reseted the device, it appeared to be corrected. But after I performed a walk, with GPS online, it seems that the values got wrong again.
It also seems to be impacting in the floors (stairs) counting).
Could it be another bug?
Regards
Hervandil
  • nasty excuse to avoid introducing a simple temperature compensation in the barometric data processing.

• My Vivoactive 3 reported 2443m elevation gain for a 21km run on flat terrain. Correcting every time through Garmin Connect website is frustrating. Moreover, since activities get auto synchronized with other connected services, the problem spreads to other apps as well. 

• It's so annoying. I have the VA3 music replaced recently and it was fine for a few weeks and bang yesterday its gone mad again. The altitude thinks I am underwater most of the time on 10k runs! Really wish they sorted it or at least allow me to turn elevation off. 

Looking at possibly changing watch buy do I risk Garmin again?