This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with Treadmill distance calibration

So this watch is new to me and I love it. But on my first time using a treadmill when it prompted me to calibrate the distance I ment to put 1 mile in and it got .1 mile! I found on the support page this topic on how to calibrate it after it already has been but I cannot see the option

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/vivoactive3/EN-US/GUID-7B8FB52B-6789-4D45-A1A5-89F5C9DA6254.html

It says:
After you complete your run, press the key, and select Done.
3. Select an option:
•To calibrate the treadmill distance the first time, select .

The device prompts you to complete the treadmill calibration.

•To manually calibrate the treadmill distance after the first-time calibration, select > Calibrate.

ON the watch no where can I find this Calibrate after I select DONE. Ive tried swiping up down left and right and pushing the button.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank You ~ Phil

• ya the manual is messed.
    i found the only way for calibrate to appear again is to do another run.
    else the distance can also be edited directly on the garmin connect app.
  • When you hit Done you will see 3 red dots in the red area at the bottom of the screen. Instead of hitting the green "Save" button hit the 3 dots in the red. You will have the option to "Discard" or "calibrate"
  • I only see a green save section with a check mark, and a smaller red delete section with a garbage can with x on it. Do you need to run a minimum distance for the 3 dots to appear?
  • I think you have to run 1 mile or 1.5km before you get the option
  • ON the watch no where can I find this Calibrate after I select DONE. Ive tried swiping up down left and right and pushing the button.

I encountered this problem a few days ago. Please see this thread

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/health-fitness/vivoactive-3-aa/1289492-edit-treadmill-calibration-in-va3

• With the new firmware (2.80) I finally got the calibration option...
    At the end of my first 15 min treadmill run (on 2.80), the watch mentioned that calibration was needed and I was prompted to enter the distance...
    on all following treadmill run, I now have the 3 dots menu in the red discard part of the save screen which allow me to calibrate manually...
    Not sure if it is related, but firmware 2.80 fixed it for me...
  • I also have problems calibrating my watch after a treadmill run. The notes say that you can only do this after you have run for a minimum of 1.5 km; does this mean after the watch 'thinks' you have run at least 1.5 km or the treadmill 'says' you have run 1.5 km? The reason I am asking is that my watch only registers a very small/short distance compared to the treadmill. After running say 3 km my watch indicates that I have only run 0.5 km and then when I try to calibrate it, I can't find any option to do so.

• The VA1 depended on GPS activities to estimate stride lengrh.

I'm not sure whether this would work but one solution might be to do a GPS run activity so that your watch's initial estimate of stride length is based on a historical result. 

• For anyone new reading this is means you have to do 1.5km on your watch. It was getting me every time. 5k+ on treadmill and 1.48km on watch and it wouldn't appear. Ran an extra 200m and wallah the calibrate option appears.

• Ok, my watch is SO poorly calibrated that I am unable to do enough distance on the treadmill in on go to get the watch to show more than 1.5 km. I just did 5,28 km and my watch shows 0,3 km. No way.

So how do I force a recalibration? Reset the watch?