This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect IQ Store Watch Face Install Problem

I have downloaded a couple of watch faces but they don't install on the watch. I have synced several times and rebooted the watch, but they still show as uninstalled on the phone app. Any ideas?
  • I'm having the same issue. It's also not syncing settings of any kind. The web-based Connect is showing 5 items to sync and they won't no matter what I do. I have tried connecting the watch via USB cable and syncing through Garmin Express as well and get error messages. All this started a few days ago with GCM 4.1.5. For my mobile set up I have a Galaxy Note 8 using the latest GCM 4.1.6. My watch is running 2.6 with IQ 2.3.4.

Activity and data are syncing no problem... just IQ faces/apps & settings.
  • It might be the watch faces hasn't actually been sent to the watch yet. I've seen that take a bit of time (30+ minutes)

Which watch faces are you trying? I can give one a try if you keep having problems.
  • It might be the watch faces hasn't actually been sent to the watch yet. I've seen that take a bit of time (30+ minutes)

Which watch faces are you trying? I can give one a try if you keep having problems.

Downloaded Classic Sport and No Frills. They show up in App Management as "not installed". I am using an iPhone5S.
  • The same problem here on android (LG G6, Android 7, Connect app v 4.1.6) I guess there's a problem with this new version of the app. After failing to update watchfaces, connected to the Garmin Express on PC and synced successfully.
  • I still can't sync settings or anything from the IQ Store. I disabled BT so my watch had no connection to my mobile and connected through Garmin Express on PC again. Again, received an error trying to sync with Garmin Connect. Activities and data are still syncing with no problem. I also am having the issue of not receiving SMS notifications on my watch that other users have reported. Frustrating to say the least.
  • Also experiencing same issue like everyone on my Vivoactive 3 with iPhone7. Hope Garmin can fix it soon.
  • I called Garmin Support about the issue and they could see there was a sync issue. They had me remove the device from my profile and then re-pair the watch with my Connect account. This seemed to fix everything. I called yesterday afternoon and haven't run into the problem again.
  • I'm unable to customize watch faces (changing colors) that are supposed to have different colors available. I've uninstalled and reinstalled them, I unpaired the device from the app and reconnected but there is no Customize option available anywhere in the watch face or settings menu for them. I have UTC Titanium and Brtlng Xospace that I had customized until updates were pushed. Now they're default and I can't get them where I want them.

Any suggestions?
  • Updated today the Garmin Connect app to version 4.1.7 and still can't download new watchfaces.
  • I called Garmin Support about the issue and they could see there was a sync issue. They had me remove the device from my profile and then re-pair the watch with my Connect account. This seemed to fix everything. I called yesterday afternoon and haven't run into the problem again.

Thanks. It works.