This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Watch Pin Lug

Last night I took off my watch band to test the quick release watch pins and a little silver lug fell out of one of the watch pin holes and into the carpet and lost forever...

Now one of the pins on my watch is loose as the hole without the lug is a couple of mm larger than the end of the pin and I am worried the band will fall off or the pin will bend.

Does anyone know what these little watch pin lugs are actually called and if replacements can be purchased form a watch repairer or from Garmin?

Also, be careful when removing the band as these lugs seem to fall out very easily....

• This happened to me too. Luckily it didn't go far and I was able to re fit it, but a little concerned I won't be so fortunate next time.
  • I got a 3rd party band and it actually came with a couple spares, and I've seen a pack of 5 on Amazon for a few dollars. These type of bands are kind of common as they are used on a number of devices/watches. I'm guessing you could go to a store that sells fitness devices and bands and find a spring pin, or if you stopped in a watch repair place at the mall, and they would have a pin too.

Here's just an example from Amazon I found, and I think I've seen them cheaper there. (you want the 20mm ones)
    https://www.amazon.com/RECHERE-Release-Spring-Stainless-Diameter/dp/B073B1DC4D/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1510747314&sr=8-27&keywords=20mm+spring+bar
  • Thanks for that. Its not actually the pin itself or a piece of the pin I am missing, there is a little cap that sits in the watch in a drilled hole that the pin goes into.
  • Oh, so it's the holder for the pin! I missed that. :)

maybe put a piece of aluminum foil over the hole before you put the pin in, and then trim off the extra?
  • missing that little metal cap?
    would be better to stop using it for awhile.

highly unlikely the bar will bend or fall off...
    what is most likely tho as with proper watches, if the springbar does not fit the lug properly, over time the bar may cause damage to the lug hole...and those lug holes are of cos stainless steel...
    no telling what kind of short term damage it may do to just resin.

btw, how much longer do i have to endure the 'image verification' everytime i post something?
    gets irritating after awhile.
  • ... little silver lug fell out of one of the watch pin holes ...

...be careful when removing the band as these lugs seem to fall out very easily....

+1

This happened to me as well. Luckily I noticed a the time. Must find some time to apply very small amount of superglue to loose lug.

(Poor adhesive used in construction perhaps?

• I also have the same problem where one of the tiny silver lug adapters fell out and is lost in the carpet! I took the watch to a watch repairer but they couldn't help.

I just wondered whether anybody with the same problem managed to find a solution yet?
  • same problem here... I wrapped a tiny piece of tape around the pin end, but I'm very interested in a proper solution.
  • Of course I read this post the same day that I get my new watch strap. :p Just out of curiosity how often are all of you swapping bands? My plan was to have a nicer one for work and just to swap it in and out daily with the included one for my workouts. Now I'm wondering if I need to rethink that plan. Thanks all!
  • Has anyone checked with Garmin Support whether they’re able to provide spare parts?

I had the same issue myself with one of the adapters being loose. Luckily I was able to fasten i again with a bit of glue before I lost it.