This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New BETA 6.02 without advanced sleep tracking

Just saw that the new BETA 6.02 was released for the Venu.

BETA - Venu SW 6.02 is available - Venu - Health & Wellness - Garmin Forums

Unfortunetly, it's missing some of the advanced features which has been added to the Forerunner Line and added to other Garmin watches.

Was hopen so much  that the new advanced sleep tracking will be added to the Venu. 

• I also hoped, because this is one of the weaknesses of Venu. I hope Garmin listens to customer requests.

• This is the way things have been since the original vivoactive.

The va/venu devices will never get all the same features as forerunners.  And the low end forerunners will never get the same features as the high end forerunners or fenix devices.

• When it comes to sleep tracking, the new stuff that's on the venu2 won't be coming to the venu, per a post by Garmin-AmberD,

Here it is:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/venu/250482/feature-request-sleep-widget/1245335#1245335

• Super disappointing.

It's the main reason why I would not consider another Garmin device when replacing my Venu.

• I guess a lot of people in this forum remember this post as it was very active and growing rapidly, as for Garmin-AmbedD she actually left a glimmering hope in form of: "and will continue to evaluate feature additions". So maybe after all the hype on Venu 2 settle down, they would bring that addition here as well.

As for 6.02, I'm not sure whenever it's the same for Venu but for Vivoactive I found one serious bug which enables PulseOX when I restart my bluetooth connection to the phone in the morning it seems to be very battery wise comparing to other firmware versions I had on my watch so this feature isn't so bad.

• Is it me, or is Sleep Tracking improved a bit?

It's not Fitbit great, but at least it doesn't decide that I am asleep as soon as I lay down on the bed.

It's still not sensitive enough to awake states, instead counting them as REM.

• Is it me, or is Sleep Tracking improved a bit?

I've made a a similar post two months ago but considering that nobody answered it I guess that's just me and my impression. Generally, I see that it seems to be a bit better in detecting when I'm falling asleep but since I wake up and stay in bed for some time measuring my HRV my watch fails to detect that, neither it detects my wakeups during the night accurately if at all.

But I still feel that I do less corrections and it guessing my overall sleep time closer to what I really have and I'm still using Sleep As Android on my older phone to occasionally fix wrong data at Garmin.

I wish they could have brought Sleep widget, as I've messy sleep schedule and when wake up always wonder if I slept 8 hours or not and quick glance on that data would be really beneficial. So far I have to resort to body batter which sometimes can be way off.

• If you need a product for sleep monitoring, Wellue O2ring is definitely a good choice.

• I've checked Wellue and it looks like a cool device, but adding yet another one gadget just for sleep tracking isn't something I want to do especially have experience with watches of other brands which could do sleep measurement well. I don't know how others think but I'd prefer that the device I'm already using would have fulfill what it's promise to do and I'm quite sure that it's capable of doing.