This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A Wishlist to Garmin

It would be great from Garmin to let us users know if the following things will be improved/tweaked in the Venu software anytime soon, it seems a lot of long term users are not happy with:

*Sleep tracking very poor

*Body battery poor

*No training effect

*useful activities missing: hiking, open swimming, ski touring, climbing,...

*improved altitude, option for custom altidude correction

Thanks, 

The Venu users

• Hi there! I am so sorry I am just seeing this. Thank you for this list. Can you tell me what you are experiencing with the sleep data and body battery? Have you reached out to support just yet to troubleshoot. I am happy to troubleshoot for you. I would like to see what the issue is and see if we need to get a case open for you. Regarding the activities not on the Venu , I would search in Connect IQ for additional apps, we currently do not have any plans to add additional native apps to the Venu.

• Hello Amber, 

regarding the "native apps". Does this apply for all Garmin widgets? (like firstbeat sleeptracking widget)?

Or was this only meant for activities? 

• We want the sleep widget and the training index, both are just metrics that we are sure can be implemented for Venu.

• Yes, please add this! It's insane that it's 2021 and Garmin are selling a device without unicode support. There are other languages other than English out there!

• Would really appreciate fixing the sleep tracking.

• I think it has been mentioned more than once, that sleep tracking and body battery are just very, very inconsistent and inacurate. 

It should already be on Garmin's to-do list! 

So the solution for the missing activities is to choose 3rd party apps? Great (just as great as sending out a new beta, which I think no one really wants to try, maybe it would reset the watch) 

I am disappointed by the watch, but the support is just ridiculous. Is there anyone at Garmin even working on Venu issues? 

I know it is not your fault, but this had to be mentioned

• Hello! I would like to email you and get a case set up for you regarding your sleep and body battery and if you can email me back  explaining to me what is inconsistent and a few screen shots we can investigate this for you. 

As for activity types missing, not all devices support all activity types.

As for betas, We do internal beta testing on everything we develop and sometimes offer this to external users if they would like to help test or gain access to new updates early, but this is always optional.
  • Hi there, we have no plans to implement the sleep tracking widget on the Venu. 

• Hello Amber, 

I do not think that any explanations are needed, since all the users are complaining that the sleep widget is recording any stop of movement as sleep. Also it changes the data after some sync time.

If Garmin is not planing to implement the new sleeping widget, then please fix this one in the feature updates.

• Hello, we currently have no plans to implement the sleep tracking widget on the Venu. As for the training index, are you referring to this Training load