This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery Life

Hello,

I am a recent purchaser of the Garmin Venu. I was with fitbit and had the ionic(which I did love) but I choose to try this watch because of all the great features it apparently had and the fact it claims to have the same battery life as the fitbit. I am honestly a bit disappointed. I had it for literally today, and from 8 to 3 I was down to 75% from 100%.....at that rate I would of had to plug it back in overnight and honestly I want to track my sleep cycles, my workouts, my calorie burn versus what I eat etc etc.

I have the music removed, I went back to the normal face because apparently the extra faces you can get drain the battery(which I understand but also like really? the fitbit face didn't effect the battery level at all) and basically turned everything off except for BT, I want it to sync to the app. I wish it had an option where it would only sync when I turned on the app versus constantly, I don;t like having to think about turning BT off and on when I want it to sync. All in all I'm a little dissapointed and this was twice as much money...twice as much. I thought for the price the performance would be better...am I wrong?

Anyone have any tips for me? Or hope? 

• I seem to have really good battery life with my Venu, through a lot of trial and error. Here's what I have learned:

- Stock watchfaces draw less power than 3rd-party watchfaces.

- Displaying seconds draws more power than not displaying seconds.

- The more apps/widgets you have installed, the more power is consumed.

- The more pixels that have to be displayed, the more power is drawn. This means, the more minimal the watchface is, the less power is consumed.

- When the watch is fully charged, powering off and back on the watch seems to help with battery life.

All this being said, there are some nice 3rd party watchfaces out there. It's just a matter of finding ones that have a reputation as battery-friendly. Some that I have noticed are nice on the battery:

venFit

Analog Battery Saver

InfoCal

Neki

DRG Nathos

Hope this helps.

• I uninstalled the weather widget - and it has transformed my battery life...not sure if it is a coincidence.

Perhaps it was that draining all the power.

I'll check out the Analog Battery Saver though - thank you!