This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery Life

Hello,

I am a recent purchaser of the Garmin Venu. I was with fitbit and had the ionic(which I did love) but I choose to try this watch because of all the great features it apparently had and the fact it claims to have the same battery life as the fitbit. I am honestly a bit disappointed. I had it for literally today, and from 8 to 3 I was down to 75% from 100%.....at that rate I would of had to plug it back in overnight and honestly I want to track my sleep cycles, my workouts, my calorie burn versus what I eat etc etc.

I have the music removed, I went back to the normal face because apparently the extra faces you can get drain the battery(which I understand but also like really? the fitbit face didn't effect the battery level at all) and basically turned everything off except for BT, I want it to sync to the app. I wish it had an option where it would only sync when I turned on the app versus constantly, I don;t like having to think about turning BT off and on when I want it to sync. All in all I'm a little dissapointed and this was twice as much money...twice as much. I thought for the price the performance would be better...am I wrong?

Anyone have any tips for me? Or hope? 

• I noticed that once I removed (as in, uninstalled) all of the third party watchfaces and used a non-anmated stock face, battery life was stellar. Took all day to get down to 98%.

• I had the same situation! It took a time till I recognized, which thirtd party app was guilty. It was the Dozen Run for me. After uninstall my battery life is greather than I ever expected.

• Thanks! I uninstalled the amazon app and did the same with the watch face and your right the battery life has improved dramatically 

• hello,

you say that dozen run is bad for the batteri?

did you try to reinstall it? for test again?

i'm disapoited to remove this app, because she's very good.

i will try

• Same here, got a Vivoactive 4 but basically same software and hardware (but the screen).

Its definitely the data field. Not only DozenRun, also other useful data fields like single run field cause this problem.

You can also check Vivoactive 4 forum, very similar problems regarding battery are discussed there.

• Yeah, I was looking at the forums the other day when I noticed my battery was draining rapidly after being fully charged overnight. I don’t have any of the extras on, no pulse/ox, uninstalled the music portion and don’t use the location GPS thing. With that said, I do like the watch and now that I fixed the battery situation I’m extremely happy. 

• i find the battery life is outstanding. 

• Hi,

Wondering if any of you can help me...I bought the Venu yesterday. It's a beautiful looking watch. I received it at about 2pm, I charged it to 100%, by 9pm with no activity/GPS/music etc it had dropped to 65%. I only have bluetooth connected and the HR, no SPO2 or any extras and am using an analogue watch face.

I charged it briefly whilst I was showering and had DND on over night - after the shower it was at 85%, this morning it is already down to 58% - that's between 12 hours (most of which it was in DND mode overnight).

Any advice?

• I have the Venu for 4 weeks now. Out of the box with SW 3.80, first battery life was excellent, then suddenly poor (from 100% to 16% in half a day).

Updated Venu to SW4.70: first battery life seemed excellent, but after charging via PC it was dramatically (from 100% to 40 in 3 hours). however, I charged the Venu via a normal power outlet with a Garmin adapter (output 5V 2A) and a restart after full charge and now batterylife is excellent... approx 5 days when using Venu only as smartwatch (although with steps and stress tracking on).

so I think there is a bug in the SW when the Venu is connected to PC (and disconnected via "eject safely"), so would recommend people with battery problems to charge the Venu via normal outlet with an adapter.

• Hi Daan,

I did charge via an outlet with an adapter.

Hopefully can get this sorted.