This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Selecting spotify playlist button causes Garmin Venu to restart...

The love/hate relationship with this watch is real...

I have 3 playlists loaded onto this watch from spotify. Start playing music off playlist 1 and everything seems fine, track skip, prev track, shuffle, repeat and volume no issues. When i tap on the playlists/ spotify library button the watch immediately restarts. Have tried this in both the music app from controls menu or with music app as my shortcut. Help!

• We are investigating the root cause of this currently. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime. 

• Yeah, I got the watch today and the same is happening! 

• Ugh.  I've been trying to be a squeaky wheel on Spotify sync not working and noticed the Spotify app update today and got the reboot issue now (with still broken Sync).  How hard can it be to fix this from a software side?  I have dozens of other devices that can play Spotify no problem but apparently at Garmin it's like putting a man on Mars.

• Is there any movement on this yet, (your message was 29 days ago) as I just bought the Venu and have the same issue? 

Thanks 

• No. Honestly, they don't care.  Support acts like nothing is wrong and the fault is all on the user.  They haven't responded to my last email in over 2 weeks.  My advice...if music sync is important to you...return the watch and get an Apple Watch.  That's what I did.  What a difference a company that knows how to code sync software makes!  I'm kicking myself for waiting as long as I did to dive in.  No regrets.  Garmin lost a long time customer with me. 

• Same issue for me on a new watch. Guess I'd return it too. This is a deal-breaker for me. 

• I've given up completely. The issue was never resolved and support never got back to me after the initial response where they asked for my units serial number. 

As i've posted in other threads i encountered more software bugs that likely resulted in abnormal battery drain and finally killing the battery itself. This was confirmed by the authorized service center. They offered me a replacement but i insisted on a refund instead. 

Waiting for my huawei gt2e to arrive. 

• I've given up completely. The issue was never resolved and support never got back to me after the initial response where they asked for my units serial number. 

As i've posted in other threads i encountered more software bugs that likely resulted in abnormal battery drain and finally killing the battery itself. This was confirmed by the authorized service center. They offered me a replacement but i insisted on a refund instead. 

Waiting for my huawei gt2e to arrive. 

• Hello was this issue resolved? I am having the exact same problem. Garmin please fix!!