This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Batterylife venu with 4.60 just afew hours

I have my  Garmin venu 2 weeks. Till 2 days ago software version 3.50 was active and the batterrylife was 4 days.

Since 2 days 4.60 is installed and directly after that my batterylife is now just 4 till 5 hours (23% per hour lower energy). I didnot change the use or any settings etc and I did and do not use the wach intensively. I only use the clock, Garmin pay (btw not last 2 days) and further only use the watch for receiving messages from my phone. This issue  definitely is caused by software update  2 days ago to 4.60. In this way thewatch not workable  anymore. 

Does anyone know how to go back to the previous software version so the watch works fine with a normal batterylife again?

• Yes, was totally the same. Installed 4.70 and it looks ok now. I assume it was due to Wi-Fi code running in background and trying to sync.

• I'm seeing the same, previously was around 30% per day. Now is showing as 130% per day discharged rate on 4.60.

• 4.70 seems to have resolved any issues, now seeing drain % in line with previous versions.

• After 4.70 was installed automatically on my Venu round 4 days ago, my battery issue also seemed to be solved. Four days no battery issue and the batterylife seemed to be even better than ever before.

However, today my battery went from 100% to 10% in about 4 hours again. And between yesterday and today I didnot change any setting or didnot change the use. 

I do not use wifi and/or navigation/radar but U think that once in a while something is running in the background for any reason, not activated by me, and uses a lot of battery energy and stops running after a while till it starts running again a few days later. No idea what that is. 

The last 4 days I had to load energy just once. Today I had to fully load energy 2 times (till 100%) while using the watch in exact the same way as the days before. I  only use the clock function and once in a while reading messages,. Since a few hours the batterylife seems to be stable and normal again. It differs per day/time and for so far it looks unpredictable.

On request of Garmin I sent logged and diagnostic data to the technical department of Garmin where they will investigate this issue. I hope I hear soon a solution since I own this watch just a few weeks.

Tips, and even better, solutions are very welcome here of course!

Thanks

• 'Garmin product support' advised  me to return my Venu to the shop after another new issue in consequence of a softwareupdate (4.60 and 4.70)

The first year I used Garmin watch and  Garmin pay in my Vivoactive3 without any issue. Since November 2019, many issues started after several software updates (with my Venu I have now),  which couldnot be solved by Garmin Product support. 

Since this was the 3rd watch in just a few months because of issues, this time I asked and  got my money back in the shop and will look for another smartwatch brand now.

Is a pity that the quality of the softwaredevelopment/tests/roll out for Garmin watches is not at a professional level which has lead to at least one Garmin client/user less now...