This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is Venu using thicker QuickRelease lugs? (Possible incompatibility with 3rd party straps)

So we all know the Garmin Venu uses 20mm QuickRelease (not to be mixed with QuickFit that the newer Fenix watches use) straps. I had assumed it therefore used identical straps to those of my VA3 (I'm using 3rd party straps, mostly by Fullmosa via AliExpress). However, I've been reading reviews of Venu (and VA4) and it seems that a small number of buyers are reporting that the lugs/lug holes on the Venu/VA4 are slightly bigger (thicker) than those of VA3 and, I'm assuming, most 3rd party straps. In the reviews the buyers are saying that while the thinner lugs of other straps do fit, they do not feel secure (probably risking either the watch chassis shaking because it's not securely connected to the strap or, even worse, the strap detaching from the watch chassis).

Could Venu (or VA4) owners confirm this by comparing 3rd party (or older Garmin) straps to the Venu (or VA4) strap lugs and lug holes? Are 3rd party straps secure enough with the Venu?