This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Music volume control not working on my Venu

I recently bought the Garmin Venu, with Spotify being the final (and very necessary) selling point. I wanted a watch with music so that I didn't have to bring my phone along with me on a long run. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to realise that this is a very common problem with Garmin watches and Garmin has completely pushed the issue aside and blamed it on the headphone companies. This is disappointing, as my headphones work perfectly when paired with my phone, but are completely trying to blow my eardrums when paired with my brand new watch. The volume is set at a dangerously high volume and cannot be adjusted. 

As a result, I may need to invest in a pair of Bluetooth headphones with volume control, but looking at others' reviews, I'm not sure this will solve the issue. Will the volume controls work on the headphones when paired with my watch, or am I wasting my time/money and would I better to just return the watch and settle for Samsung?

• I have the same issue, bought a Venu in the last week and one of the key things was to run with true wireless music. 

I've tried my son's Apple Airpod Pro's (fixed too low volume and won't adjust via watch). Some generic Amazon bluetooth buds (blasts at full volume) and neither can be adjusted with the watch volume. I am prepared to pay for a decent pair like Powerbeats Pro, Airpods Pro, Sennheiser etc but would like to adjust volume on the watch or in the case of the Powerbeats on the buds themselves. I've read that since a Beats / Apple update this doesn't work.

So my question is, who's got some quality True Wireless sports buds that they would recommend and the watch controls work, pause, skip, especially volume!

I've read the very short USA centric list Garmin have posted but none are true wireless and reviews on connections are sketchy on some models.

• I have Samsung Galaxy Buds+ and Anker Soundcore Slim+. Both work excellently with my Venu. Play, Pause, Forward, Back and volume controls are fully functioning. The controls from the watch to the headphones also works perfectly. I'd recommend you check them out and see if they suit your needs.

• Thanks User566, that's really helpful, I'll check both out :-)

• Can you really control the Volume on your Galaxy buds+ and the Venu without a phone when you tap on the buds? E.g. The AirPods lose your function to skip the track. You can only pause when you are tapping on a AirPod.

• I bought some Galaxy Buds+ and it's mixed to be honest. sometimes solid connection and the bud controls to skip tracks work fine and sometimes not! The connection can drop and controls not work. This isn't always the same and can work ok.

The Venu volume control on the watch doesn't always work however the buds volume (up on right, down on left) always works so this is something. If that's the one thing you want then that's always ok for me.

the Buds have had a couple of updates to software and the connection was actually worse after one of them, not tried a run after the last update yet as I've got an injury!

I can't 100% recommend the Galaxy Buds with the Venu I'm afraid, perhaps updates from Garmin or Samsung will help make then more reliable.

• I am also having the same issue with my Venu and Powerbeats Pro.

The volume button on the headphone does not work - it needs to be done manually on the watch. It's certainly not the headphones as the volume button works when paired with my iphone.

Garmin.. have you any suggestions? 

• Same issue with Powerbeats Pro. The weird thing is volume control worked perfectly when I bought he watch. Hen it stopped working and I assumed it would be some glitch in a software update and it would be fixed in the next but no such luck. This is surely he most buggy Garmin device I’ve ever had, except for maybe the Fenix 1.

• Can I confirm that you were able to connect a venu and AirPod pros? In trying but cant Disappointed

• any updates?? same issue with my Powerbeats pro.  Unbelievable!!!!

• I'm super surprised to hear that, mine have been rock solid. The only complaints I have on control are due to finicky nature of the touch controls on the headphones. This happens regardless of the device connected so I know the touch controls are not 100% perfect. Using them with my Venu has been great.